Part 12

Percy POV

It's been 5 years since I became an honorary einherja. I taught floor 19 how to fight Greek style and now they are the most feared group on the battlefield. I also now have a bit of nature magic which was unlocked by Magnus. When the god Pan died, he gave a bit of his soul to me and the rest of the group so now I have nature magic. I am stronger in the wild, can talk to most wild animals, and can even control trees and plants like a child of Demeter.

It's actually quite boring in Valhalla. I had gone on 3 quests (helping Thor retrieve his hammer again, travelling through Musphell to kill some giants, and going into the icy lands of Jotunheim to find Lady Sif's missing hairbrush who ended up giving me a bag of runes like hearthstone) and 2 quests from chaos( one was to kill and crown a new king in a different dimension and the other was to help aliens win a war between another alien race).

I was actually the only one who hadn't died in Valhalla yet (besides the Valkyries). I'm pretty sure this place is more dangerous to mortals than Tartarus. I met with Magnus's friends Hearthstone who was an elf and Blitzen who was a dwarf. I learnt sign language so that I could talk to Hearth easily and he was surprised at how fast I was learning rune magic (thanks to the blessing of Hecate) and Blitzen was impressed by my crafting but was upset that I wasn't interested in his clothing.

I had decided to head off to explore the rest of the world. I packed my stuff and left. Since I was still alive I was allowed to travel in and out of Valhalla as much as I wanted. I had I informed the rest off the floor 19 group that I was leaving and they all sent me their goodbyes and regards. I was thinking of where to go to and then decided to just hunt monsters and make a reputation for myself under the name Dolofónos meaning assassin in Greek. I smiled to myself and vapour travelled away.

1 week later

Annabeth Chase POV

I was supposed to meet Magnus at a coffee shop. I was waiting for him to arrive so I decided to order some coffee. While I was drinking, I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice that Magnus was standing right in front of me until he tapped the table. I looked up to see a smiling Magnus with Alex standing beside him with a smirk.
"Hi Annabeth. What did you call me here for?" He asked
"What can't I visit my own cuz?" I replied.
"Sure you can but I know you Annie, and you have something on your mind" he said with a look of worry.
"Ye your right. It's just I wanted to get away from all the demigod stuff and the camp is a mess and trying to find Percy. It's exhausting." I sighed.
When I said Percy I saw Magnus look at Alex and they had a silent conversation. They obviously knew something that I didn't. I hated not knowing.
"What do you know about Percy "I said while glaring at him threateningly.
Finally he sighed. "Come with us" he told me and then he led the way to Valhalla.

I was excited. This was the first news about Percy since he left. That boy covered up his tracks pretty well.
Once we reached the hotel Valhalla lobby, he turned around and faced me. His expression was grim.
"Percy was here" he said looking at me dead in the eye.
"WHAT! When, why didn't you tell me, how long has he been here, where is he now." She practically screamed out.
Magnus flinched. "He was here 5 years ago and has been staying here until last week when he left to explore the world. I didn't tell you because he made me swear not t-" Magnus said before I was launched back by an explosion. I looked up and my jaw dropped when I saw the whole place covered in soot and a pile of ashes that was my cousin.
"Huh. That's new" Alex said calmly.
"What in the Hades just happened?" I demanded.
"Your cousin just got struck by lightning. Don't worry he will reform in an hour. " Said Alex nonchalantly.
"I think it's time for you to leave" she said checking her watch.
I checked my watch too. It was 2:20. My train arrived at 2:30.
"Styx" I cursed before running out of the hotel while shouting goodbye.
I was excited to go back to camp and tell them the news.