The Silent Player

{FULL DISCLOSURE: this is based off of A. my Melting Pot Complex (Virgil specifically), and B. the Voice Reveal post by perfectly-princely-emo-nightmare on tumblr

this one's basically a full gamer AU where they're all gaming YouTubers instead of just Virgil. It's just the core four and Thomas bc its easier to use less characters in a one shot

TW: Swearing, some mentions of killing/shooting, some peer pressure stuff. I think that's it

I sort of based the game they're playing loosely off of Rainbow Six Siege, but it also has elements of a lot of Battlegrounds style games. I have limited knowledge of these games, most of what I know comes from YouTube videos I've watched}

"Ugh, this is why we shouldn't play open lobby." Roman complained as another person on their team head-shotted him. "F*ck off you little brat!"

"Perhaps you could try being less antagonistic before the rounds start." Logan suggested. Roman could hear the frantic clicking of his friend's mouse. "You put a target on your back."

"Patton's just as bad as I am in lobby, how come he doesn't get team-killed?"

Logan grunted as he ran over to Roman. "Patton's a ball of sunshine and you can hear it in his voice. Team-killing him is like kicking a puppy."

"You do it all the time." Patton muttered into his mic. "Meanie."

"I've done it twice, and it was an accident both times." Logan huffed. "You need to stop crossing firing lines when people start shooting."

"Guys, I've got enemies on me." Thomas piped up suddenly. 

Logan and Roman took off in his direction, watching for ambushes. Patton, busy healing, didn't move yet.

"I got shot!" He suddenly yelped. Roman glanced at the feed.

"See? Team-killing b*st*rd."

"Well we can kick him once we help Thomas, or we can back out." Logan suggested, peeking a corner.

"I vote we back out." Roman snickered. "Leave our trigger-happy friend to face the masses."

"The masses being three people."

"Shut up Logan."

"I'm okay with backing out." Thomas commented. "I haven't gotten a win for my video in almost forty minutes, maybe if we switch it up we'll have better luck."

"Patton? Back out?" Roman asked, glancing at his Discord when their friend didn't answer immediately. Was he muted? No.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm good with backing out." Patton responded after a few moments. "Sorry, my roommate asked me to send him something."

"Alright, quitting in three, two, one." Logan counted it off and the group backed out to the main menu.

Roman laughed, leaning back in his chair. "Sucks to suck, hope they get destroyed."

"C'mon, be nice Roman." Patton admonished. "It could have just been a kid trying to get attention."

"Well they're getting attention now, from half a team of aim-hackers."

"Alright guys, I'm gonna run down to the kitchen and grab a snack." Thomas said. "Shouldn't take long."

"It's late, Thomas, eating too much will upset your stomach and you won't be able to sleep." Logan seemed to be adjusting his mic as he talked, because his volume fluctuated pretty wildly.