§ 23 §

December 25th - 7:00am

It was a peaceful quiet morning in the Bright's household. The birds outside weren't chirping, the heating inside was set to turn on at this exact time, making it feel like one was sleeping inside a cosy oven. Everyone laid down on their beds asleep, either alone or with their partners, cuddled up close or stretched out far, the blankets covering their body's or somehow halfway across the room. Either way everyone was happy, content, their dreams uplifting, the silence settling.

It being Christmas Day one would expect someone to be up by now—

"IT'S CHRISTMAS FUCKERS!"

And there it is. The peaceful quiet morning was no more.

Soon enough Gabriel was grabbing pots and pans, giving them out to the children to clash against each other upstairs, yelling and screaming for everyone to get up because it was Christmas and they were opening gifts!

Not only did they clash pots and pans, they opened doors and set clock alarms right in the doorway, turning them on to blare in exactly one minute - which they all did one after another. It didn't even take a minute before every single family member was up and awake anyway.

"That's it I'm going to jail for manslaughter" Virgil spoke after pushing himself up from Roman's chest. The man beneath him laughed, reaching up to Virgil's hair, pulling him down for a sweet morning kiss. "Feliz navidad, cariño" he whispered and Virgil couldn't help but smile, closing his eyes and resting his forehead against Roman's.

"Merry Christmas too, puppy"

"hEY! UP! GET YOUR ASSES MOVING IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Gabriel suddenly yelled from their door and Virgil groaned, grabbing his pillow before launching himself off the bed and chasing after Gabriel who let out an unholy screech before he scattered, flying down the stairs and through the house with Virgil yelling at him all the while.

Roman rolled onto his side and laughed hard, not at all feeling bad for Virgil who hates being woken up so early. However when he thought he got away from the worst of it three small bodies were flung onto him and he groaned as Henry, Riley and Sebastian began jumping on him, all repeating; 'Get up, Disney Prince!' and who was he to say, no?

"This Disney Prince isn't afraid to fight" Roman suddenly sat up, tackling the kids down and tickling their sides, lighting up as their shrieks of laughter filled the air. In the doorway Mia stood watching on with a soft smile, rather not getting involved and instead waiting until her mother and father left their room so she could stay close to them - she was still a shy bean when all the family packed into one room. 

It didn't take long before everyone was standing in the living room still in their pyjamas and their hair in a mess. Even still, not one was grumpy or annoyed with being woken up so unpleasantly, it was Christmas and everyone was excited for their gifts even though most knew it would almost entirely consist of socks.

"MA!" Gabriel yelled, the boy bursting into the room, not a few seconds later Virgil appearing in the doorway, pillow in his hands and murder in his eyes but it was still playful nonetheless. "He'll kill me!" He yelled and all Amelia did was laugh, taking a seat on the couch and straightening her dressing gown. "I'd be doing the same if I weren't so tired" she joked and Gabriel whined, looking at Harper who had her hair up in a bun and expression screaming she'd do more than swat at him if he got near.

"Roman?" The man looked up and grinned, rising up from the ground and over to Virgil, curling an arm around his waist and tilting his head up for a kiss. Instantly the pillow was dropped and Virgil was in Roman's arms, being carried over the room and into the armchair.