§ 14 §

December 18th - 3:00pm

"Virgil, think about this!" Roman exasperated as he watched his boyfriend stuff their clothes into their suitcases haphazardly, not caring who's went where, just wanting it all packed away so they could leave. "No, I'm done thinking Roman. I'm done" he emphasised, the glow in his eyes proved he was infuriated over the situation, something that worried Roman to no end, but Virgil wasn't thinking rationally here, so he supposed he would have to help him with that.

"Virgil, listen to me-!"

"No, Roman! They haven't fucking changed! You weren't there, not one of them said anything, not one of them even tried to stop her, they're gonna side with here again, I just know it! They always did and nothing will change that" he yelled angrily, zipping closed one suitcase, getting busy with the other while Roman groaned, holding his face in his hands.

"Dios Virgil! Think about it!" Roman countered, voice louder, "where are we gonna go, huh? How are we going to dig out the car from the snow?! I bet your grandmother had a hard time getting here, and it's now snowing! There isn't going to be a place to stay, especially around Christmas, and what plane are we going to catch?!" He sighed, running a hand through his hair, Virgil's movements came to a stop as he finally understood the situation from a less-angry point of view.

Roman tightened his lips into a frown, stepping over their thrown about clothes and suitcases to get to his stressed boyfriend, placing his hands on his shoulders. "Look at me, Dearest" he murmured and Virgil slowly did so, his glossed over eyes meeting Roman's which softened with sympathy. "I'll tell them to stay away from you, okay? If they want to talk I'll always be with you, and I certainly won't let your grandmother anywhere near you, okay? But we can't leave, it's too dangerous" Virgil sniffled, ducking his head but he nodded in understanding, taking a few steps forward and wounding his arms around Roman's middle.

"I've spent so much time wanting to get away from them..." he whispered and Roman held him tighter, pressing his lips to his temple comfortingly. "I thought they changed...but they're all the same" he accused and Roman sighed, he didn't believe that, not really, he watched them interact with Virgil - he saw the guilt in their eyes and shame in their expression, they regret what they did, but until they can stand up for Virgil against her then Roman truly didn't have much of an argument to back them up.

"How about you lie down, I'll talk to them" Roman pressed another kiss to his forehead, guiding him to their bed and laying him down. The boy laid atop the blanket, buried his face into the pillow and sighed out heavily.

Roman brushed his hair back, watching Virgil's expression for a moment before he left the room, closing the door behind him. He could hear voices from downstairs and assumed most the family were sitting in the living room. Descending the staircase, he peered into the room to discover he was correct, apart from Oliver, Riley, Henry, Sebastian and Mia but he wasn't surprised, he was sure no one wanted to get the children involved.

"Oh, Roman" Amelia sat up being the first to spot him. "How's your wrist?" She asked, voice laced with concern, but her eyes seemed tired.

"All better, thank you, Mason" Roman glanced at the man briefly who nodded his head once in acknowledgement.

"You must be Roman" a new voice caught his attention, eyes flickering over to the woman who sat on an armchair, even if she was old and quite short, she held that authority around her, as if she was the king of the household. From her tone of voice, Roman could tell she certainly didn't approve of his existence, either way he brushed it to the side, stepping further into the room and crossing his arms.

"Virgil would prefer if you stayed away from him" he announced, no one protested, a few nodded in understanding. Harper chewed her lip and looked towards her parents while Gabriel stared at the ground.

"Who gives you the authority to tell us what to do?" Roman withheld his eyes from rolling, staring at the woman who probably assumed the entire universe revolved around her. "That is what you focus on? You don't care that your grandchild doesn't want to be in your presence?" Roman clicked his tongue and twirled around on his feet, "Una excusa patética de una abuela" he spat angrily, leaving the room and blocking out any response she would have.

He reappeared up the stairs, ready to return to Virgil when a small voice caught his attention.

"Prince?" He smiled a little and turned to his left to see the twins, Riley and Henry, both looking equally as worried. Quickly, he knelt down to their height. "Are you okay?" Riley continued, Henry didn't say much but Roman didn't mind, he showed he cared silently, for example, reaching over and hugging onto his uninjured hand.

"I'm fine, don't worry, a mere fall couldn't defeat me" he replied back in that overly confident, prince-like voice which made both of them giggle a little and walk into his arms that stretched out for a hug. "Is Virgil okay?" Henry's soft voice whispered beside his ear, Roman's smile dropped and he leaned back, the two kids worried again.

"He will be, I promise. Where's Seb and Mia?"

"In the basement" Riley responded and Roman nodded, "why don't you go find them? Maybe complete the colouring we started, how does that sound?" The twins nodded, understanding Roman wasn't coming with them. They clambered down the staircase and towards the basement, Roman watching until they were out of sight before standing up and staring at their bedroom door.

He couldn't help but feel guilty, he did encourage Virgil from the start seeing his family would be a good idea. And it was going well! But she showed up and now?... Now all Roman wanted to do was protect his boyfriend until they could leave.

Stepping into their room, he walked over to their bed and laid down, Virgil wordlessly rolled over and hugged him tight, hiding his face in the crook of his neck, Roman didn't mind, he held him back, pressing a few tender kisses to his head.

"Tú eres mi mundo, querida, nunca lo olvides "