§ 15 §

December 19th - 11:45am

                                                                                    "Roman?" Gabriel asked the boy in confusion when he saw him sitting in the basement with the other kiddos, playing with them and their toys. The man lifted his head and smiled his usual smile, as if everything that had gone down yesterday hadn't occurred at all.

"What are you...doing here?" He asked, finally climbing down the rest of the staircase and walking over to him. "Oh, Virgil wanted some alone time, and I missed my Prince's and Princesses" he shot a grin at the kids around him who all giggled and Gabriel sighed, at least some people in the house were happy. Actually, he was glad Roman was here, he didn't leave Virgil's room at all yesterday only to get some food, he didn't allow anyone inside unless Virgil let them and even then Roman couldn't leave his side - Gabriel could see why, but he also wanted to talk to Virgil alone, he guessed this was as best time as any.

Not saying another word he headed back up the staircase, catching Harper before she could go into the kitchen. "Make sure Roman doesn't leave the basement" he murmured and Harper nodded, changing her route towards the room. Once the door was closed Gabriel looked around the empty foyer, slowly creeping up the staircase, not wanting anyone to see him enter Virgil's room in case they followed him in.

He didn't knock (knowing Virgil would just send him away) instead he stepped into the room, closing the door behind him and opening his mouth to speak but he stopped when he saw the state Virgil was in. He sat on the edge of his bed on the side, head in his hands, breathing harsh and sporadic.

"Virgil...?"

The boy cowered closer to himself, "l-leave me alone, Gabriel" he demanded but his voice wavered, the boy didn't take it as a threat and walked across the room.

"Do you...need help?" Gabe offered, awkward around the man he barely knew anymore, that ripped him up inside, he was his brother for fucks sake, he wanted to know things about him! Things siblings should know! He wanted a bond with him, but he was scared of rejection, which was why he rejected him first.

"No, Gabe, I'm fine" Virgil responded, tone sharp. Gabriel rolled his eyes, "you're having a panic attack, you are not fine"

"Like you would even care!" Virgil finally lifted his head to send the boy a glare, but it lasted a mere few seconds before he was staring at the ground again, this time gripping the mattress under him tight, gulping in short gasps of air.

Gabriel sat down beside him, but he hadn't dealt with this sort of thing before - sure, he's seen people go through panic attacks, but did he help them? No, someone else did. Someone much more knowledgeable in this certain scenario.

He looked around the room he hadn't been in since Virgil left, he couldn't bare to. He tried once but he guessed it hurt too much.

"Remember when you pushed William out of a window?" He brought up suddenly, Virgil did remember, the memory flashed before his eyes instantly. "How'd you remember?" Virgil responded, voice low and groggy.

Gabriel shrugged, "just one of those things, I guess. Harper was terrified - I found it fucking hilarious" Virgil couldn't help but snort a little, letting out a sigh that hitched but he seemed to be calming down, so Gabriel carried on. "I also remember something else, ma said it was a dream but it's so fucking vivid- you were getting away from dad and slid down the banister, landing on the ground on your back but it didn't bother you at all, you just fucking finger-gunned him as he rushed down the staircase but you were out the house before he could even get to the ground floor"