§ 16 §

December 19th - 1:11pm

                                                                                    "I guess you'll talk to more?" Roman questioned his boyfriend while changing into more comfortable clothes. While he didn't want to look like a slob, playing with the kids in skinny jeans and a shirt wasn't exactly ideal, which was why now he was wearing jogging bottoms, his top half still bare as he rummaged for a simple top he might've used for pyjamas.

"Yeah" Virgil agreed, earlier explaining to Roman he and Gabriel talked, which led to him bonding with his parents. "I'll go to Oliver, I haven't spoken to him in awhile" he added, glancing over at his boyfriend from his phone, admiring his toned back for a few minutes.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea" Roman twirled to face him, a soft red top in his hands. Ready to pull it over his head, the door suddenly opened and Harper stepped in, eyes homing in on Roman as if knowing he was half naked. Her eyes narrowed a bit before she turned to Virgil who had wide eyes, glancing between his sister and his boyfriend, but Roman just smirked in amusement.

"If you want to leave gran is downstairs watching television - you know how sucked in she gets with her cooking shows" Harper informed, taking one more look at Roman before she left, closing the door after her. The two men stared at each other for a moment before a voice alerted their attention.

"Gabriel! I owe you five pounds! The American does have abs!"

This made the pair burst into laughter, Roman instinctively placing a hand on his stomach, wriggling suggestive eyebrows at Virgil who rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at his boyfriend. "I told you we're not having sex here" Virgil told him pointedly, rolling his eyes again when Roman whined and huffed, begrudgingly putting on his top.

They went their separate ways once they shared a brief kiss, Roman returning to the basement, Virgil wondering the hallways until he found Oliver sitting in the play room (the room filled toys for teens and kids alike) on the couch, in his hands he held a toy car Virgil remembered to be his favourite when they were younger.

"Hey, Ol" Virgil grabbed his attention, the boy tilted his head back and smiled timidly, sitting up straight and waving. "Hey, Virge...what brings you here?" Oliver prompted, rising from the couch and putting away the car.

"I wanted to talk, come with me" Virgil nudged his head in the direction and Oliver had no quarrels about following, walking by his side all the way up the stairs and into Oliver's room. As the minutes went by, he was becoming more excited, he and Virgil hadn't talked in awhile and he adored their conversations all those years ago.

Sitting opposite each other in the single bed, Virgil leaned on the wall behind him, a soft quirk on his lips. "Tell me what life was like once I left" Virgil asked for, remembering vividly how much Oliver liked to talk. As soon as the words came past of Virgil's lips, Oliver sat straighter, eyes bright and lips beaming.

"Gran said you'd be back for Christmas when you first left, but when you didn't everyone realised you were serious..." Oliver's expression suddenly saddened, "our grandparents didn't really care...they said.." he hesitated, not wanting to make Virgil feel bad, "they said it might be better without you" he quietly murmured, relaxing when Virgil chuckled.

"Predictable"

"Yeah, they were mean. Anyway! In the new year Aria refused to talk to the family for awhile, that was until Camila finally had a talk - the two along with their husbands tried to find you, contact you, but they couldn't find you. Little did they know you were in America" that surprised Virgil a tad, he didn't realise some tried to find him so quickly.