epilogue

epilogue; forever

Graduation Day

Loyce

Sitting on my make up desk, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and examined my face to see if there were any spots that I needed to touch up on

Sitting on my make up desk, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and examined my face to see if there were any spots that I needed to touch up on. I needed to look damn near perfect, I really never cared about that and I was alright with looking just fine but this day was special so "just fine" wasn't going to cut it.

I did a pretty good job if I could say so myself and I was very satisfied when I laid down my make up brush and smiled at myself in the mirror. Grabbing my graduate cap, I put it on my head before I adjusted my perfectly curled hair underneath and then I grabbed my gown on the bed and put it over the purple dress I was wearing.

At the same time, I heard a knock on my door and I told whoever was on the other side of it to come in. "Loyce, are you ready?" Lyvana asked me when she opened the door and came inside my room. She didn't say anything and simply stared at me for a moment before she grinned at me. "We're only waiting for you. You look so beautiful sister, wow. A masterpiece."

Chuckling, I shook my head before I thanked her, "I need two more minutes," I told her as I glanced at my watch quickly to see what time it was to see how much of it I could make use of before being late. My sister nodded her head and walked out of the room, leaving me alone again.

Grabbing my clutch bag, I put inside all the important things that I was going to need for the day, most importantly my phone and my lipgloss. After that, I put on my high heels that matched my dress and I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, being very happy with the way I looked like, before I left my room.

I made my way to the living room of my apartment, where my entire family was waiting for me. My parents and my siblings flew all the way in from Seattle two days ago to participate in my graduation and I was so excited for them to be here.

Of course, they all didn't stay in my apartment because there was too little space to accommodate everybody and with Juliana's family around as well it was definitely not an option for them to stay here. Instead, my family took a hotel near my place and came over this afternoon to pick me up so that we all could go to the Georgia World Congress Center, where the commencement was going to take place.

Entering the living room, I spotted my family having a conversation while they were sat on the couch. I interrupted by saying that I was ready and it that moment everybody turned their heads and all eyes were on me.

I immediately got compliments from my mom and my brothers came hugging me excitedly, expressing their happiness to me which automatically made me happy as well.

My dad smiled at me widely before he walked over to me and took my hands in his. He examined me dressed in my graduation clothes and if I was not mistaken he had tears in his eyes when he looked into mine. "Ah ma fille," he said to me before pulling me into a hug and placing a kiss on my forehead. "Je suis trop fier de toi," he went on in a whisper, telling me that he was very proud of me and embracing me a little tighter, making me feel warm all over.