36;

36; Worry

Loyce

It was really true that some ghosts from the past somehow always found a way back to your life when you put it all behind you and found closure and honestly I was pissed about it at this point

I really couldn't understand why Brandon felt the need to keep popping up in my life and also in the worst moments, just like right now when I was spending time with my boyfriend. The last time we saw each other, I thought that I had made myself clear enough that I didn't want to see him again. I thought that it was clear in general that he had no business being here and trying to talk to me but clearly he didn't understand that.

I wished that he could just stay out of my life for good and leave me alone, just like he left, when he broke up with me years ago. Was that seriously so hard? All these years he had left me in peace, I had been in Seattle several times over the years and he never bothered to bother me at all but now he suddenly felt the need? No, thank you, I pass.

"Out of all the days you could disturb me you decided that today is the day?" I asked Brandon, making sure that he heard in my voice that I was very annoyed if my face expression wasn't giving that away already.

"I'm only here because it's your birthday and I wanted to congratulate you since I heard you were in town." Brandon explained to me why he came over and I fought back the urge to roll my eyes hard. Who were these people who always told him that I was here? Yes, we had mutual friends but I didn't believe that they would run to him to tell him about me, especially with everything that went on in the past.

"You could have texted," I replied, not satisfied with his answer.

"As far as I know you don't want me to have your number." Brandon shot back and raised his eyebrow.

"True," I responded immediately. He got that right, I didn't want him to reach me so my statement didn't make sense but anyway, if he knew that I didn't want him to have my number what made him think that I wanted him to be here? "So basically I don't want to be in contact with you." I added and folded my arms in front of my body.

Brandon stared at me for a moment and then he sighed. "Okay then I'll just leave those here," he said, referring to the roses that he was holding in his hands. He laid them down on the steps and then he took a step back. "You look very nice today by the way." He continued and smirked as he checked me out from head to toe.

"Thanks," I said dryly and expected him to leave after that since there was nothing else that we needed to discuss anymore. Guess what he didn't do.

I heard the front door behind me open and the music became slightly louder. "Loyce, why are you out here? Everybody's-," My sister began saying before she cut herself off and when I turned around to look at her I saw the exact same facial expression that I had on my face when I saw my ex. "Oh hell fucking no. What the fuck are you doing here?" she spat at Brandon and came to stand next to me.