At first, Gerard didn't notice Frank come in. He hadn't heard the door and Frank's footsteps had been so quiet.

Usually, Frank would make his presence known, but the class in the other room had rendered him useless because he was scared he'd be heard.

Instead, he just quietly put his bag down, dug out his art supplies and sat down. He pulled his legs to his chest and rested his head on his knees, waiting silently for Gerard to look up from what he was doing. Frank stared through strands of hair that had flopped over his eyes, watching as Gerard squinted at the paper, his tongue poking out from the corner of his mouth as he concentrated.

It was a solid two minutes before Gerard sensed he was being watched. He furrowed his brows as his eyes drifted upwards. "Hey, Frank." A smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

"Hey."

"How long have you been sitting there? You could have said something, I'm not that busy."

Frank shook his head. "Not that long." He paused, moving to sit properly on the chair. "So, what did you want me for?"

Ditching his not-so-interesting work, Gerard brushed the hair away from his face as he climbed on the table opposite to the one Frank was sat at. He pushed his shirt sleeves to his elbows, sitting close legged. "You'll be very glad to hear," he tilted his chin downwards slightly, making brief eye contact with Frank, who just smiled and looked away, "You don't have to do PE anymore."

"Really?" Frank beamed, straightening up. "That's great."

"You still have to do work, though."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Frank rolled his eyes. "But anything's better than PE."

"That's true." Gerard got up to seat himself on a chair on Frank's table. Leaning over, reaching for Frank's work, he sent Frank a look to ask if it was okay, to which Frank nodded, and Gerard took the finished piece. A smile spread across his lips. "Wow."

"Is it okay?" Frank nibbled at his lip ring, grinding it between his teeth.

"There are no critical comments I can think of." He narrowed his eyes and Frank snatched the drawing back playfully.

"Well, you don't have to look for any." He let out a short laugh, sticking his tongue out as Gerard raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side.

"That wasn't what I was doing . . ."

"Oh yeah?"

"Whatever." It was his turn to stick his tongue out. "I'm your teacher, it's my job."

To hear that specific detail he was beginning to forget, Frank's mood plummeted. He debated on whether to voice his next thought with another class next door. However, he enjoyed how he and Gerard were getting along so well in that moment, that he mumbled it quietly anyway. "Yeah, but I'm special. There are exceptions for me."

Subtly taking a deep breath, Gerard arose, aimlessly wandering over to his desk. He kept silent as his mind searched for an answer that was appropriate.

Though with each passing second, Frank's fear soared and he worried that he'd said something wrong. Suddenly finding it very interesting, he stared wide-eyed at the floor, mentally kicking himself. He shook his head so his long hair shielded his red-tinted cheeks. "I'm-"

"Those exceptions don't include skipping mistakes in your work." He paused, letting go of the seriousness in his tone. "They include biscuits."

Frank's head shot up at the sound of his voice, his expression relaxing in to a smile. "Can I have a biscuit?"