Chapter eighteen, desperate call.

How do you sacrifice something if its not yours?

How do you unwillingly do so and yet call it a sacrifice?

Then what was it that the poor young Lydia gave away? The precious life she held on dearly, or the free will she only had just tasted? Children's lives where nothing but cards played in a filthy game, death was the only winner.

While Viktor cleaned his bloody hands, his vicious eyes starred at Merit who was in the far distance, it was obvious now that he was acting on his own, his broche was no longer there, at this moment, he was only chasing the pleasure of killing Merit and torturing her in the worst way possible, for a reason only he knows.

"Alright, Silver, bring her." Viktor said, despatching a mechanical owl that upon hearing his command, left the alley on it's way to Merit.

The owl was programmed to obey Viktor, and so, once it found Merit, it flew down as quick as the wind and once Merit stood to pick up a coin she found, it electrified her. Merit whimpered in pain and looked around her only to find the owl waiting for her in the mid air, Merit felt the immediate danger surrounding her and decided to leave, but once she did, the owl flew once more in her direction and shocked her again, and this time, Merit was furious and felt the need to dissect this annoying creature that flew back to the alley as soon as Merit ran after it.

"Goddammit, I hate these creatures or whatever the hell they are!" Merit muttered as she finally found herself in a narrow alley that had an unbearable smell. The owl rested on the source of the smell leading Merit's eyes into the grim scene of the pool of blood and the innocent Lydia lying down with her lifeless eyes starring into the void and her stomach stabbed a dozen times mercilessly and violently.

Merit's heart entered a battle once her eyes fell on Lydia's face, her breath grew louder and louder and her tears uncontrollably flooded her face as her knees weakened and betrayed her letting her balance by disrupted and soon, she fell next to Lydia crying and hitting the ground with all of her might, "She didn't deserve this.." She cried and held the bloody corpse in affection that she, herself, never thought she possessed.

And in the far distance, Viktor grinned and pulled his hat closer to cover his face as the owl rested on his shoulder, that pale grin showed how his heart had nothing but wicked intentions and an urge to spill blood only to satisfy his feeling of being in control of all those humans he despised.

In the heart of Ilusia.

And the rain pressed down on Ross' weary shoulders, forcing his knees to bend and give away to his weakness, yet, his flickering will screamed at him to walk, just few more steps till he can give up to his pain.

He preferred the wheelchair yet gave himself time to train his legs more. His shop was empty, dusty, dim and wistful, the air he breathed was a surge of pain that tore his heart slowly, his thoughts were like a ticking bomb distant to explode. The memories in his old shop flew around him like ghosts of a past he wishes to forget, a happy past that only weighs him down. The smile of his dead wife, Marlyin, or the scent of ink, or the photos of old company he had, now, only the aching thought of time's merciless passing killed the man slowly, and as fragile as a paper, he could only hope to challenge George and his cunning plans.

Ross felt weak, and so, he turned on the dim white light of the messed up kitchen and sat on his chair with a cigarette to blow off as his leisure time ends.

"If only you could see how I messed things up" Ross said, holding a very blurry image in his hand and a cigarette in the other. The smoke unfurled into ghosts of his memory dancing around his crumbling teary vision that was only succumbing to his crippling depression.