I Can Rely On You

(A Couple Months Later)

(KATY’S POV)

I woke up the morning after the VMAs with a massive headache.

Why? Why in the world do I feel the need to drink until I can’t remember my own name?

I groaned as the light of the sun touched down on my face through the window.

My phone began ringing causing me to flinch due to the pain in my head.

“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Oh, so someone’s not feeling very well I see.” I heard a sassy voice answer.

“Technically you can’t see me but yes, I’m not feeling very well.” I answered right back.

“Whatever.” She sighed.

“If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen darling.” I smirked but it quickly disappeared when the room began to spin.

“We need to talk about last night Katy.” She demanded.

“What about last night?” I put my hand on my forehead, in hopes of relieving the constant pounding.

“About you and your guest! You said he was a friend!” She raised her voice.

“He WAS a friend. He’s not so much anymore.” I groaned.

“You had your hands all over each other last night!” Her voice fluctuated.

“CORRECTION! He had his hands all over me but I couldn’t do anything about it because it was LIVE.” I answered matter of factly.

“Why couldn’t you do anything? Change seats?” She sighed.

“Jessie, that would’ve been obvious to anyone who was watching and I don’t want that type of embarrassment in the tabloids. I’m sorry I didn’t move but you can trust that I won’t be seeing him for a LONG time.”

“That’s not the only thing.” She continued.

“There’s more?”

“You bet your ass there is.”

“I’m listening…” I trailed.

“That’s the thing. You OBVIOUSLY don’t listen because IF you did, then you would’ve remembered that you were supposed to come over after the show last night and have dinner with me. But you didn’t. You went and got shit faced with that douche instead AND told the paps that you loved him” she tutted.

I scrunched my face up and knew right away that I had messed up.