Following My Heart

(Jessie's POV)

You know that moment, when you're so comfortable around someone, you begin to let your guard down? Those walls you build up so freakin high because of trust issues, mistakes, and the many moments of regret?
Well, SHE'S knocking down every wall I have ever built up. She's persistent and relentless. She's showing me what it's like to feel cared for and wanted. Faithful, Loving, and Caring. Beautiful.

My god, is she beautiful.
She has the kindest heart, she's beyond intelligent, she's humble, Nonjudgemental, and Truthful. Her words of wisdom should be posted around the world, because the compassion she has is beyond anything I've ever seen. We can all spread messages of hopes and dreams, but she is a pure example of what it's like to follow through with those messages.
She's accepting, not only towards me, but towards the world. She's there for anyone who needs a helping hand, be it in person or through her music. If she could, she would be there for every person who's having a rough time, and she would tell them to look for the rainbow after the hurricane and That after a door is closed, a new one opens, she would know. She spreads her love to those who occupy her presence and it rubs off on them. I know that if the world were to have her Love, it would be pretty damn perfect.
She's understanding, I was petrified that she was going to leave me after she found out what happened between Ellie and I, but she let me explain when she could have left.
She stayed.
I could be in her presence all day and there wouldn't be a dull moment.
Her personality is so unique, it's serious with a fun twist to it. She could be immature one moment but snap into a complete mature manner in the next. Work Hard, Play Hard. Of course that was her motto.
Her contagious smile is what kept me going on the bad days, though she wasn't near me, I knew she existed, and that was enough for me to carry on.
Those eyes, the blue and green pools that every girls envies.. The ones that speak a thousand words when she's at a loss of them. From happy to betrayed, they're readable but only to a select few who have known her for quite some time.
Her strength. I admire it, she's powered through enough on her own, from relationships to life lessons to self reflection. From the darkest days to the light at the end of the tunnel, she pushed through.
A broken heart, still in the process of healing. She doesn't and won't let it show, but I intend on mending it completely. Giving her the love and care she deserves.
Almost like a rare artifact, people search the ends of the earth for them, and in the end the tiring search was worth it because they got the highest prize from it.
I searched the ends of the earth to find my soul mate, but I knew I had already found them. I know I found.. Her.
There's no telling what the future holds and what's it's bound to bring but I want her in my future.
I want her by my side everyday, after work or whatnot. I want to see a diamond on her left, ring finger, and to be able to say "my wife.." when I talk about her.
I want a little family.. I want 'our' definition of a perfect little family to become a reality. Not now, but in the future.
I'm completely head over heels for this woman who is currently holding me tightly in her embrace. As we slightly rock back in forth I feel her steady heartbeat on my chest. I feel her hot breath trickling down my neck. Her soft fingers making little patterns on my waist. I could stay like this for days, but I know reality is bound to hit us soon. The reality known as "Life."
No matter the tests that this reality puts us through, I'm not going to let my soul mate get torn away from me. Nothing will ever separate us, together we're better, and undeniably stronger.
She's my rock, the reason for my sanity. She's my beautiful girlfriend who I would do anything and everything for.
I'm completely and utterly whipped. But I'm near positive that she is as well.
I know I will never feel alone in this relationship, it means too much to the both of us, and no one would truly understand the story of Us unless they're living life with us.
I could go on forever, I intend on spending my eternity with her, and I'm so content knowing that I was given a second chance.
I know I can't screw anything up because she's the last person I would ever want to hurt or betray.
I want to promise her an eternity and the day I propose is the day I will do so.
But for now, this is definitely considered following my heart...
"Katy?"
"Hm?" She pulls back slightly from the hug and looks me in the eyes
"I love you." I say it with all of the seriousness possible.
Katy's eyes well up with tears..
"I've wanted to hear you say that for so long, I love you too Jessie." A few tears fall from her eyes as she pulls me tightly back into her embrace.

Katy. If you ask me who I'm in love with, it's Katy.