Russell's Mirror

(JESSIE'S POV)

I can't believe how fast my time with Katy went by, a couple of days is never a long time, but it felt like the time had flashed before my eyes.

We were currently sitting at a little cafe, inside of the airport, and right beside the security check.

Katy was aimlessly stirring the cup of coffee that was in front of her and I was watching her carefully trying to admire the last few minutes I had with her.

I looked down at my watch and sighed heavily, it was time for her to go back home.

Katy was still lost in her untouched coffee so I cleared my throat to catch her attention. She looked up at me and while her eyes were on mine it was so difficult not to burst into tears.

"It's time isn't it?" Katy asked with a concerned look on her face.

I nodded my head slowly and stood up from the little table.

As we walked towards the gate, I desperately wanted to intertwine my fingers with Katy's but since we hadn't outed their relationship yet...I couldn't.

We made it to the gate and sat down, waiting for her flight number to be called. More than anything, I wanted to press my lips against hers and tell her how much I loved her, but I held myself back.

Making sure there was no one super close to us I turned my attention to Katy and sighed.

"You don't know how badly I want to kiss you."

She looked at me sympathetically and nodded her head in agreement.

Katy sprung to her feet, and I gave her a confused look, she grabbed my hand and led me into the restroom, pulling me into the nearest stall. I still didn't know what was going on, until I felt Katy's lips on mine and just went for it.

It felt so right, and I didn't want to stop, just as Katy was reaching for my belt buckle...we heard her flight number get called and she quickly pulled away. Katy pecked my lips once more and then straightened herself out, and walked out of the restroom with me following closely behind.

I pulled her in for a tight hug.

"I love you, and I'll see you soon." I whispered to her.

"I'll text you when I land." She smiled.

After she walked down that hall, and I couldn't see her anymore, I couldn't hold back the tears much longer. I fell back into one of the chairs and started to cry, missing her by my side.

I knew I had to pull myself together, if anyone saw me crying, they'd know it was for Katy, and I really didn't want anyone questioning our "friendship."

I walked quickly through the airport, determined to make it inside my car before I had a breakdown.

As soon as I was in my car, I burst into tears, not able to control myself. I missed her so much already, and I just saw her less than five minutes ago. I cried all the way home, and then slowly made my way up the stairs, collapsing onto my bed, hugging the pillow beside me.

The crying had done no good for me, it only made me tired, so I drifted off to sleep, only to wake up a couple hours later feeling worse. I decided that I didn't want to be alone tonight, and didn't know who else to call.

(ELLIE'S POV)

I was at a soundcheck with my band when I heard my phone start to ring. My assistant had picked it up and her eyes widened once she read the name on the screen.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked nervously.

"It's Jessie.." She answered in slight shock.

My assistant knew everything that had happened between Jessie, Katy, and I so that's probably why she wore the expression that she did.