Dinner For Two

(Jessie's POV)

My eyes filled with even more tears than before. This time it wasn't from feeling sad or realizing the fact that I messed up, I was crying because I was so freakin' happy. We pulled away from the hug and I grabbed her left hand, lacing our fingers together.

We were backstage so we were safe from prying eyes which was ever better. I led her to my dressing room and she followed obediently, but silently. I was still sort of hyped from the adrenaline because of the show so it didn't take long to reach my dressing room.

I swung the door open and found Holly reading a magazine on the leather couch. She looked up and smirked at the sights of the blue-orbed beauty beside me.

"I'll just let you two talk.." Holly said while getting off the couch and out the door. She gave us both a kiss on the cheek and gave me a wink.

I closed the door behind her and turned my full attention to the woman who was checking out the the things around the room.

"Hey.." I said softly, I mean how do I even begin to apologize?

"Hi." She said, equally as softly, not making eye contact with me.

"We Should talk.." I trailed, knowing full well that I was the one who needed to talk, not her.

"Well, technically.. You need to talk." She sighed.

She made her way over to the leather couch and leaned on one of the couch's arms. I took a seat on the couch and faced her.

I truly didn't know where to begin, so she spoke first.

"Do you know why I left?" She asked, looking at the floor

"I would've left me too." I stated

"That's not what I asked.." she said bluntly.

I looked at her face even though she wasn't taking her eyes off of the floor. How could I have been so dumb? So stupid to ignore this beauty that everybody wanted and dreamed of?

"Of course I know why you left. I mixed up my priorities, I completely took you for granted, and I kicked you to the curb." my voice raised at each answer I gave, I was well, and truly mad at myself.

"Jessie I knew once you found out you could perform again, things were going to change, but what I didn't expect to change, was you." She was still looking at the ground, burning holes into it, I'm sure.

"What do you mean I changed on you?" my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I was staying with you, at night you were never in bed with me, you were always on your damn phone, and you began to stop listening to me when I would talk. If I did try talking to you, it was like I was talking to a wall, or I would constantly have to repeat myself because you tuned me out. In return, I would get blunt or short answers, you know Jess, the kind that NO ONE likes. When I told you I loved you and I got back was a "You Too." How about the kissing hmm? There wasn't much and if I was lucky, I got a peck on the cheek. Maybe I'm just a person who likes to show Love.. true signs and actions of love, and maybe you're just not that type of person." Her arms were in the air, showing her exasperation.

Meanwhile , my jaw was hanging, how the hell could I have been THAT dismissive?

She clearly saw my shocked expression because she dropped her arms from the air and sat down next to me with a big sigh.

"Yeah Jessie... you really blew me off." She dropped her head.

"I felt.. alone." she quietly said.

My heart ached right now.

I looked at Katy and slowly reached my hand out.

I stroked her hair once and tilted my head sideways, waiting for her to look up from the ground.