Lay Off

(KATY'S POV)

I swore to myself that I wouldn't leave Jessie's side. Especially now, it's only been a little over a month since she woke up from a coma, and I want to take care of her. She's hesitant when it comes to accepting help from other people, she has so much pride and I know for a fact that she doesn't want to show any signs of weakness. Because that's just how she is.

If I were to put myself in her shoes then I understand completely. I wouldn't want my girlfriend to see me nearly helpless.

Jessie shifted comfortably in my arms, we were laying together on her couch, wrapped in a comforter, and watching The Notebook.

I was focused on the black haired beauty in my arms when the sound of the truck impacting the car made me lose my concentration. I shot my head in the direction of the tv and watched as Rachel McAdams went straight through the windshield of the car.

My eyes began to water automatically. My Jessie.. That happened to my Jessie too.

I shut my eyes tightly and tried to get the picture of Jessie going through a windshield out of my head.. It kept replaying in my mind. Though I wasn't there to witness the actual crash, I was there to see the aftermath while she was in a coma, at the hospital.

I felt a warm hand touch my face gently, and a swift movement from the body that was resting on me.

"Katy?" She cupped my face and began wiping the falling tears

I opened my eyes and looked at her face, a concerned expression was present.

(JESSIE'S POV)

My insides melted completely when she opened her eyes and the watery blue orbs were revealed.

I looked at her, reading her face, and searching for an answer to the pain causing the tears.

"What is it?" I furrowed my eyebrows while softly caressing her smooth cheeks

She looked back to the tv and I followed her gaze.

The movie we were watching was at the part where Rachel McAdams was in the hospital because of the car accident that happened.

It didn't take me long to realize why the endless tears were streaming down her face.

"Jessie" Katy croaked

"I keep seeing it happen in my head.. I keep seeing the car crash, I keep seeing you injured.. I ke-" she clutched onto me tightly, burrowing her face in my neck.

"Shhh.." I cooed

"It's okay.. Look.." I pulled back slightly from the hug

"I'm here, I'm alive, thankfully, and I'm healing perfectly." I took her hands in my own and placed them on my waist

"I'm here." I repeated

She nodded her head and pulled me in closely again.

"Katy I know what you saw. but I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to stay, beautiful." I squeezed her gently and switched positions with her. She was now laying on my chest and I was running my fingers through her hair.

"It just scared me Jessie." She sighed.

"There's no need to be scared." I reassured her again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(KATY'S POV)

-A Month and A Half Later-

Jessie had done the honor of making a delicious breakfast and so I was making myself useful by washing the dishes. She was keeping me company but she ran upstairs to take a call, for what? I'm not sure, but I know she'll enlighten me later on.