Chapter 6: Third Party Drama

Recap...

It was a pretty dramatic night on Saturday when Julian, Kai, Brendan, Desiree, Natalie, and Lauren all went to the F6ix club in Downtown San Diego for Kai's birthday. Kai later on passed out. He turned out okay the next day after he got out the hospital, then Julian went out on a date with Zeek to In-N-Out. They turned out to have a pretty good time, and they ended it with Zeek kissing Julian on the cheek.

Friday afternoon...

Kai's POV

It's Friday, and I want to do something but I don't know what to do. I'm home with Lauren right now since we don't have class today. Julian is in biology, Brendan and Natalie are in English, and Desiree is in history. Julian should be out of class any minute now. I want to ask him out, so I thought why not do it when he gets back. So I watched some Netflix with Lauren in the living room as I waited for him. Moments later I heard the door open.

"Oh, hey Kai! Hey Lauren!" Julian said smiling.

"What's up, Julian?" Lauren asked smiling.

"Heyyyyyyyyy" I said awkwardly.

"You okay?" Julian asked passionately.

"I'm fine... c-can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Of course! What's up?" Julian asked as he sat down next to Lauren.

"I was wondering if... you seen the new alien movie yet?" I asked smiling.

Lauren smiled, and looked at me, then Julian, but neither of us noticed.

"I haven't. I'm not really a big sci-fi fan" Julian said.

Lauren's smile disappears as she waited for the next question.

"Oh... okay... well—I heard about this new sushi place that just opened up called Sushi Yama. I heard it's really good" I said smiling.

Lauren's smile came back, as she looked at both of us again.

"Really? Well I'll have to take your word for it because I'm allergic to seafood" Julian said.

Lauren's smile disappeared slightly as she looked at the TV.

"Well, are there any good hibachi places you could recommend? I always wanted to try one, but, of course I'd hate to eat alone" I said passionately.

Lauren smiled once again and looked at both of us.

"Yes. There's actually a really good one on Clark street. They actually have communal tables—so you could meet a lot of interesting people" Julian said.

Lauren's smile disappeared once again as she got up, and banged her head on the wall three times. Neither of us noticed.

"Oh... okay. See you later then, Julian" I said sadly.

I got up and walked out to grab a drink from Starbucks.

Julian's POV

Kai just walked out of the house pretty upset, and I honestly didn't know why, but I tried talking to Lauren.

"Girl, if he likes me, he would have asked me out. Why won't he just ask me out already?" I asked excitedly.

"He just did! Three times!" Lauren said irritatedly (if that's a word lol).

"Huh?" I asked in the midst of confusion.

"I mean, what do you think the movie, and the sushi, and the where can I eat hibachi, not alone, was about?" Lauren asked.