Chapter 13

As early April rolls around, Draco and I lay on a picnic blanket in the middle of the cherry orchard. Beautiful cherry blossoms bloom on the trees above. Petals float down, causing Scorpio to stare up in amazement.

Scorpio sits in between us. I stare at him in  admiration, before Draco moves a hair out of my face. I look up to him and he smiles "What?" I ask.

"You know how you told me that I deserve to grow old and have a family?" he asks and I nod "I finally have that."

I smile, before remarking "You've had that for fourteen months." he nods and I rub his forearm "Why are you bringing this up?"

He gives a cocky smile, before insisting "Marry me." I cock an eyebrow to him and he shrugs "We can't make an unbreakable bond, or legally get married in the muggle world, but I need something to symbolize that we'll be together forever."

"We have a kid." I state and he sighs "We can get a couple of rings, if you'd like?" he gives a warm smile and I whisper "I love you."

He shakes his head, before insisting "I love you, too." I give him a soft kiss and I hear Scorpio give a sound, resembling a 'Hey bastards, what about me?'

We look to him and I smile "We love you, too." I smile, before we dive for kisses, causing him to go into a fit of laughing.

"You're married?" Ron asks and I mm-ahh. He looks taken aback, before asking "So, why'd you send the letter, Draco?"

I set my jaw and speak to him with a hint of anger "Yeah Draco, why did you send that letter?"

Silently, he gives a horrified look, before stepping forward and sitting on the arm of the couch "I was laying next to my two boys, and I knew, if I got caught, Harry and Scorpio would be alright. If I got away with it, than Harry wouldn't have that pained look when you're two are brought up."

I shake my head "I can't believe you took that risk. It was stupid of you to do that, Draco. Seriously, stupid."

Draco looks to Hermione and states "You know, I was going to turn around and come back, but then I noticed a couple month old prophet."

I give a confused look and he explains "After the war, Shacklebolt took over as minister." he states.

I look to them and they shrug "You could have came home." Hermione shrugs and I give a gobsmacked look.

I look to Draco and ask "Do... do you want to return to the wizarding world?" Draco gocks, before I frown "... should we?"

He furrows his brow, before asking "Do you want me to get your wand?" I give a weak smile and he walks up the stairs.

When we returns, he hands over my wand. It feels unnatural in my hand and I can't help but take a moment to adjust the elder wand in hand "Dad, what's that?" Scorpio asks and I think for a moment.

I look up to Draco and he looks to me. He gives a weariful look and I remember the first time I held him.

The way I regreted nothing. If we go back, would that make me regret leaving? And if I would never had left, would I have Scorpio?

The thought scares me, and I srunch my nose and shake my head, before snapping it in half "It's just a stick." I lie and he nods.

Everyone in the room looks at me and shock as Scorpio plays with the pieces. He looks over the wand, before lining up the ends.

"Daddy, look!" he calls out as a light glows from the mending wand. When the glow fades away, the wand is whole.

In utter disbelief, I take it from him and snap it again. When I try to do the same, nothing happens. Scorpio takes it from me and mends it again.

In shock, I look to Draco "I think we need to write to the minister." he nods, before I furrow my brow "I wonder if he speaks parseltongue."

Draco snags the snake and carries him away, returning a minute later "Scorpio, what did I just do?"

Scorpio furrows his brow, before taking his snake away and frowning "That's not nice, daddy. If anything, he's a scarf."

Draco nods, before stating "Yeah, he speaks parseltongue. He's going to be a mighty fine wizard."

I take his hand and grip it "I know you didn't want that." he gives a weak smile, before kissing Scorpio atop his head "What did you tell Hedwig?"

He scoffs, before remarking "He'd be a good belt."

Hermione asks "What are you going to tell the minister?" we shrug and she admits "It'll make headlines, fairly quickly."

Draco shakes his head "How will people reach, knowing I was..." he leads off and sets his jaw "I'll be indited."

"No you won't." Ron states, before motioning towards Scorpio "They'll take one look at your son, and your farm, and your betrayal of Voldemort. They'll clear your name."

Draco nods, before looking to me "We'll tell them Lucius fell and cracked his neck. That's the only way you survive the firing line."

I give a short nod and state "I'm going to need some wine."

"Red or white?" Draco asks and I give him a knowing look "Red, I know." he turns and walks towards the kitchen.

When he returns, he gives me a glass of wine and sips on his own "Ron? Hermione?" Hermione waves him off and Draco gocks "What, are you pregnant or just a prude?"

Hermione gives him a look and I ask "Wait, what?" she sets her jaw and I ask "You're pregnant?"

She sighs, before shrugging "I want to find you for a reason, Uncle Harry." I smile and kiss Scorpio's forehead.

"Parenthood is amazing." I state and she hums, before I remark "It's incredibly hard, but also the best thing. You're going to be a good mum."

She presses her lips into a fine line, before asking "Does he know?" I nod and she states "Narcissa will be happy to see you."

"What?" Draco asks, and I grip his hand "Is she..." he takes in a deep breath "She's alive? Free?"

"The court took mercy on those who turned against Voldemort. She lied to him." Ron states, before asking "Why wouldn't she be alive?"

"I betrayed him." he states, before asking "Did she try to find us?" he asks and they shake their heads, causing him to shake his head "How could she? We didn't leave any clues for her."

He goes silent and furrows his brow. After a moment, he declares "I'm going to make supper."