Chapter 4

After dying Draco's hair a dark brown, we stroll around the farmers market, looking for food. When we stroll by a butchers station, he looks physically repulsed "Are you alright?" I ask.

He shakes his head, before explaining "I haven't been able to eat meat since Dumbledore."

I hum, before asking "Wanna go check out the produce?" he nods, before we stroll over to the other side of the market.

After both of our backpacks are full of pasta, spices, grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables, we stop in front of Aiden's booth "James!"

"Aiden, this is Dani." I look to Draco "Dani, this is Aiden, the guy from this morning."

Draco shields his eyes from the sun as he shakes Aiden's hand "Pleasure to meet you. What do you grow?"

He counts off on his hand "Zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, cotton, spinach, onion, and the occasional carrots."

Draco hums, before asking "Wouldn't happen to have any onion today, would you? Or is that an August veg?"

Aiden nods "But you're right, it's second harvest makes it an August vegetable." Draco nods, before Aiden asks "How'd you manage to save those fig trees?"

Draco thinks for a second, before stating "My mother was a gardener. Her roses all got diseased one year and we came up with a mix of rare herbs to save them."

Aiden shakes his head "I don't know. You should bottle that stuff and sell it when you're not in harvest."

Draco nods, before looking to me "That's a good idea, don't you think, James?" I nod and he asks "Tomato is a August and September veg, too, huh?"

"Yeah." Aiden shrugs "Along with eggplant and peppers."

"Italian food is best in August." Draco remarks, before asking me "What do you think about onion, potato, and carrot, for our pasta tonight?"

"What kind of pasta are you making that involves potato?" Aiden asks, a bewildered look on his face.

"Dani doesn't eat meat." I state and Aiden looks taken aback "He's repulsed by meat, aren't you?"

Draco nods, before shrugging "Dairy makes me slightly ill. I don't like eggs. And I once got stung in the mouth by a severed bee-stinger, while eating honey." Aiden sighs and Draco shrugs "So, I survive off fruit and veg."

Aiden gocks "No wonder you're a twig, dear boy! You haven't got enough protein in your diet!"

Draco furrows his brow and states "There has never been a legitimate case of protein deprivation, if the subject is eating enough. However, in people who eat mostly meat, they often eat less than half the recommend fiber intake."

Aiden looks taken aback and Draco continues "Red meat carries health risks, such as: heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, stroke, etc."

Aiden takes a second, before stating "Maybe I should cut back on the red meat." Draco gives a weak smile and Aiden motions towards the booth next to him "You should look into the booth. Nobody is combating you for figs."

Draco looks to me and I nod "Sounds great. We'll look into it." Aiden nods, before tossing us an onion.

"For your pasta." he smirks, before declaring "I'll be seeing you." we smile, before carrying on.

~

When we get home, Draco sighs "I'll unload some of these trees. That guy will be coming with the rest, tomorrow."

I furrow my brow "I'll help." he presses his lips into a fine line and I ask "Why wouldn't I help you?"

He shakes his head, before shoving the key in his pocket and opening the door. As we start to move the cherry trees down from the tailgate, he sighs "Did you leave some clues for Weasley and Granger to follow?"

"Yeah." I state, before explaining "I didn't get a chance to show them where to go to find the clues, though."

He furrows his brow "And your face is too recognizable for any wizard to not recognize you." I hum and he sighs "What would you send to them, if you could?"

I give a perplexed look, before declaring "I'd just tell them we're alive, and how to find us." he gocks and I frown "What?"

He places a tree down and insists "They don't give a damn about me. Nobody does." I cock my eyebrow to him and he scoffs "Where's Blaise? Who the fuck knows? If he cared, he'd be here."

I grab hold of his arm and he sneers at me "Draco, if I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't have saved your arse back in the manor!"

He gocks, before shoving me off "Please, Pottah! You only returned the favor I did for you! Joining your side at last second!" he plops the last tree down, before spitting "Who could care for a cock with a swastika tattoo?"

Before I can respond, he walks into the house.

~

A few hours later, I knock on his door and announce "Dinner is ready!" He's silent for a long while, so I poke my head in and find he's in our conjoined bathroom.

When I open the door, I find he's asleep in the tub. With a look of amusement, I grab a towel and nudge him awake.

Tiredly, he looks up to me and furrows his brow "What?" He gives an annoyed look and I hand him the towel.

"Dinner is ready." he stretches out and stands up, flashing his lily white arse at me "Just come down when you're ready."

About ten minutes later, he walks down the stairs and asks "Where did you find that?" he speaks of my glass of wine.

"It was in the cupboard." I state, before asking "Would you like one?" he shrugs and I pour him a glass.