XIV | For Once

Start writing your story

April's Pov

He stuck Olivia in the neck with something and she passed out. He caught her as she fell. Her body was lifeless. My mom screamed.

"What the hell did you do to her" My mother said.

"She's fine this will just let her sleep through the plane ride she gets, sick on planes and I don't need her scared stressing out my baby" Luke said. Then Three men came walking through the door.

"Please escort,these ladies to the car," Luke said as he picked up Olivia.

"Where are you taking us,I can't leave my husband and my daughter bodies like this"My mom said crying even more.

" Look I won't kill you cause your daughter asked me not to but if you keep pushing me,I will put a bullet in your head." Luke snapped. I grabbed my moms arm and made her move.

"Luke please,tell us where we are going. What will we do with my father sister bodies,please have your men take them." I stepped back as he walked closer to me.

" I'll think about it,but get your ass in the car before you get the same dose of what your sister got." Luke said as he walked out with Olivia in his arms. I grabbed my mom and tugged her along with me. She just started sobbing as we walked to the car. Luke was standing outside the door waiting for us. We got in and my mother immediately went to a unconscious Olivia and rubbed her forehead. She ran a finger across her forehead down to her cheek,something Olivia loved when we where younger that was the only way to get her to sleep. My parents adopted Olvia when she was five. I remember when she first, came home I was five as well.

Flashback

" April sweetie you have to calm down or you will scare her" My dad said as he tried to calm me down. I was so excited to have a sister around  my age. Mom had told me we would be best friends and do everything together. So I was very happy. Jude and I never got along,she hated me. There was a knock on my room door.

" I'll get it daddy" I practically screamed,as I ran to the door and swung it open. Or tried to get it open my dad got off my bed and had to open it. Once the door was open I saw Olvia in my arms. She was sleeping.

" Mommy wake her up,I wanna talk to her and show her my toys" My 5 year old self rushed out.

" Sweetie we have to let her sleep it took forever to get her back to sleep" My mom said as the laid her in my bed. She started to stir and my mom rubbed her finger along her forehead down to her cheek and she stopped she was sound asleep again.

Flashback Over

"Ladies we have to make a couple more stop there are a couple more people we need." Luke said as he got in the car and sat next to me. He put his hand on my belly.  I pushed it off. He gave me a death stare. That went unnoticed by my mothed because she was once again overly concerned about Olvia. Everyone wants to know where my anger comes from well..

Flashback

" Olvia walk faster" I said. We were 10 and we were walking home from school. When this car started following us. Olvia noticed the car first. We didn't know if they were following us yet. So we decided to take a random street. Then we ran to lose them. Olivia being bigger she was tried and a little out of breath. But then we heard the screeches of tries then there the car was again,but this time coming faster.

" Olvia RUN" I screamed as I took off down the road we were on. I was pretty fast. I was runnung so fast and so scared I didn't know Olvia wasn't behind me by the time I made it home. I banged on the door so hard. I heard my moms footsteps rushing down tge stairs. The door swung open and I fell into the house.

" Omg April sweetie whats wrong,Where is your sister. HONEY!" My mom said in a hurry as she called fornmy dad.

" This car started following us so we took different roads to lose them. But they found us and We started running I must've lost Olvia" I said. My mother stood so quickly it made me lose my blance I almost fell but the stair case was right there.

" YOU LEFT YOUR SISTER!APRIL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!"My mom screamed at me as her and my dad rushed out the door. It wasn't my fault she wasn't fast enough. What about me. I was only 10,scared and crying. It had been hours before my mom and dad came back with a crying Olvia. I was never the same they comforted her but not me. Apparently she hid in the woods at the old ran down shack of Mr.Melvin. My parents didn't forgive me for months,While Olvia was back to normal the next day. She was knocking on my room door wanting to play dolls,like it never happened.

Flashback Over

Its funny how long it took her to actually hate me. She didn't start until highschool. Even after I left her to be kidnapped she loved me. Even after I iced her out for months,she still talked to me. But I just couldn't help it I hated her,because everyone else loved her. Our parents sisters,teachers,boys, friends grandparents. Everyone loved Olvia,and there wasn't enough to go around or so I was told by Jude thousands of times. I snapped back to reality when his hand went back on my belly.

" This is my child April so don't ever move my hand off whats mine" Luke said. I just nodded. Then looked at my mom.

" Mom did you know that jude been telling me my whole life that there wasn't enough love to go around for Olvia and I" I said looking at her. She never even looked up.

" oh April she told the same thing to Olvia for years, she only said it when she was mad. Olvia never let it get to her so you need to toughen up" My mom said as she kept rubbing Olvias face.

"TOUGHEN UP! I was 11 years old, you and dad had just took Olvia to dinner and a movie without me and left me with Jude to be tortured" I raised my voice.

" All those nights we took her and not you we didn't go to the movies we were taking her to see her birth mom,who had recently died, April. We always let Olvia stay in contact with her mom but then,she died and Olvia wanted to visit her grave." My mom bit out.

I just looked at her,then at Olvia she never told me her mom died.

" She nver told me" I said.

" of course she didn't April, you hated her, and you let it be known that you did. As for Jude you always knew she was a selfish little bitch when she wasn't around your dad" My mom said which caused me to gasp.

" Don't acted shocked me and Jude weren't close, thats because she blamed me for her father and her mother breaking up, she hated you because you reminded her of Your dads and I's happiness" My mom said. The car came to anothed stop.  The door opened and there was a sight for sore eyes.

"Anaya"