Chapter 19: United Together

Late July at Top Star Academy was becoming intense for all of its students. With both the curriculum and the heat intensifying, students found themselves working twice as hard to qualify for the 'Grand Prix' but also not die of heatstroke. Despite the competition not taking place until March the following year and final deadlines ending the month earlier, many idols were desperate to earn their set of ribbon charms and qualify. Although their determination was certainly admirable, it was becoming a lot harder to succeed.

Akira sighed as she ate her breakfast in the cafeteria, her depressed expression clear to all who observed her. She wasn't the kind to wear her emotions so visibly yet her recent attempt at a ribbon charm yielded no success.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Hana asked, pouring herself a second serving of cold juice. Akira looked up slightly, still stirring her cereal lazily.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm still pretty bummed," she expressed. It was a known fact to all students at the academy who pursued the 'Grand Prix' that even if you passed the audition or completed the gig, there was still a chance you might not receive an award. Considering many idols were vying for similar jobs or auditions, the high failure rate was becoming more and more aware.

"I know you feel down but look at the bright side," Hana began, drawing Akira's lazy gaze. "At least completing that gig earned you some more fans; you managed to move up in the ranking again." It was the one benefit of competing in the competition and not earning a charm, that despite failing, an idols fan base could continue to grow. Akira and her friends were the best ranked first-years in the academy, even surpassing a majority of the second-years and a large number of the third-year cohort. Thanks to all her hard work, Akira was now ranked 53rd on the official Aikatsu Ranking, solidifying she was even as popular as most adult idols. But despite the encouragement, she still felt defeated.

"Thanks Hana. It just sucks that I still only have one ribbon charm and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to earn another." Hana took a small nibble on her toast as Akira lamented her struggles, but she felt sympathy for her friend. Hana was doing considerably well for herself, already posessing two ribbon charms despite being an idol for just three months. Her natural talent and likable personality earned her a great deal of respect from her fellow first-years plus her status as a brand muse so early on in her career marked her as a truly special idol.

"Morning girls," an energetic voice called out. Hana looked up to see her friend Miyuki strolling to their table, messenger bag draped over her. Despite the early morning fatigue and July summer heat, Miyuki remained in high spirits.

"Morning Miyuki, you seem to be in a good mood," Hana happily addressed.

"I'm feeling good, I've got a gig today after class, it's another attempt at a ribbon charm," she explained. The joy in her voice drifted across the table, and the subject matter managed to spark Akira's attention. Her purple eyes locked their attention on Miyuki as she explained her job.

"Wow, a game show? That sounds like a lot of fun," Hana expressed, her eyes gleaming with excitement at the thought of the wacky antics that could ensue.

"Are you the only one competing?" Akira asked, seemingly fixated on the topic. Miyuki shook her head in response.

"There are a couple of other first-years participating in the same job, I heard that even a few third-years are entering as well," she explained.

"It gets a lot harder when we're going up against our seniors, they're all so experienced," Hana remarked. Akira unintentionally scoffed at her words. "Oh right, I'm sorry." There was a pause amongst the friends as Miyuki stared at both of them.

"What's wrong?"

"Akira's feeling a little—" Hana began, but before she could continue Akira cut her off.

Aikatsu Dreams!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara