Chapter 13: Dark Heart

"Stay still," Yvonne demanded. The top designer weaved around her models with a swarm of assistants following her every move. The business-driven woman continued to wrap fabric around models, pinning it into place whilst also taking a moment to review designs. As she continued, there was a gentle rattle on the door. "See who that is," she ordered, forcing one of the assistants to answer the door.

"Yes, who is it?" the young girl asked.

"Hello, it's Akira. Akira Toyaku. I'm here for my fitting," the voice called through the door.

"Ok, one moment please," the young assistant responded. She returned to the attention of her superior. "Um, Ms. Hitoru—" she began.

"Now I know you are not trying to interrupt me," she said rather coldly.

"Oh but, ma'am—"

"I am too busy to answer any silly questions that you have."

"It's just—" By this moment, Yvonne had stopped still and turned towards the young assistant, towering over her.

"Do you honestly think I have the patience to deal with your inefficiency? If you continue to be a thorn in my side, you can find another place of business." As she said that, the doors swung open and in strutted Akira, her blonde hair swaying elegantly as she approached the two women.

"Good morning, Ms. Hitoru," she said bowing towards her brand's creator. Yvonne took notice of Akira and returned her attention to the assistant.

"Why did you not tell me she was here? Now we are behind schedule, go make this right! Go and fetch the designs for the upcoming fashion show and have them here in no less than five minutes or I'll see you personally evicted from the building!" With the stomp of her stiletto on the ground, the assistant bolted out of the room and raced to fetch the documents.

"Sorry, I should have just walked in, I know you don't like waiting," Akira apologised.

"No, it is my fault for not having proper assistants!" she barked at her remaining workers who quickly jumped back into their regular tasks.

"You're a little scary Ms. Hitoru," Akira giggled. Surprisingly, Yvonne accepted that as a compliment.

"You have to be in this business, otherwise nothing gets done." Akira sat her messenger bag in the corner near the other models' belongings and stood in her allocated spot. "Now, the upcoming fashion show will be the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your skills as a model but also prove to me you can represent this brand; do you understand?" Akira as well as the remaining models answered in agreement as they began running through a rehearsal of the event. "Excellent because we'll need to pull out all the stops to make this event successful."

As per Yvonne's plan, the models would be wearing 'Gorgeous Glamour's'current collection with appearances of some new pieces from the brand muse. Being a regular brand ambassador, Akira would model a few pieces. However, considering she was one of the only idols representing the brand, Akira was also given the privilege to perform as well.

"Are you sure, Ms. Hitoru?" Akira asked being told the news.

"Dear, I am always sure, unless you would rather me find someone else?"

"N-no, I mean that's fine, I can do it!"

"Excellent, well then, let's move onto the fitting." Before she knew it, Akira was surrounded by Yvonne and her crew, being draped in outfits lined with pins and needles to get the perfect fit.

"Ouch," Akira winced, feeling one of the silver pins pierce her skin.

"If you struggle, it will only make this much harder," Yvonne explained. Akira took a deep breath and became as stiff as possible, reducing the chance of getting accidentally attacked. As Yvonne and her team continued making alterations and making notes, the door to their room swung open.