Chapter 14: Chef Miyuki

It was a calm and quiet morning at Top Star Academy, the summer sun was brilliantly glowing in the sky, providing a gentle warmth throughout the world. Akira and Tori began strolling through the courtyard outside the dormitory, heading towards the cafeteria building adjacent to them.

"It's such a lovely morning," Tori commented as they walked along the stone pavement, passing by the well-tended gardens. Akira took a deep breath in of the morning air, smiling sweetly.

"Agreed, it such a nice day and it's only just begun." The two idols stopped suddenly, surprised at what was ahead of them. "Is that a line?" Akira pointed out what seemed to be a line of academy students, waiting to get into the cafeteria.

"Um, excuse me?" Tori asked the next student waiting in line. It was a first-year with curly brown hair tied back and a shy demeanour. "Is there something wrong, is everyone waiting to be served?" she asked.

"Yes, apparently the regular chef is stuck in traffic and hasn't been able to make it in yet," the idol explained.

"That's crazy, surely there is another chef or staff member who can serve breakfast," Akira tried suggesting.

"We've already reported the issue to Ms. Yasoku but according to her, the academy chef is the only one with a key to the cafeteria building and the other copy is in the administration building. She said she would try and get her hands on it but that was twenty minutes ago."

"So, everyone is waiting here for her to return, but even if she let us in, who's going to prepare breakfast?" Tori pondered. A collective stomach growl stretched the through the line of idols.

"Morning girls, what's going on?" a bright, cheery voice called out.

"Oh, good morning Hana," Tori said as her friend joined them in the line. "We're just trying to figure out the situation for ourselves." After a brief explanation, Hana came to understand what was occurring.

"No way! But breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A growing girl can't just ignore it," she declared, her stomach now rumbling too. By this time, the line waiting had extended dramatically, and the teachers still had not returned. There were cries of desperation as the students begged for a solution. "That's it, I can't stand by any longer, let's go!" Hana shouted. Grabbing both Akira and Tori by the hands, Hana forced her way past the line, a strong determined expression branded across her face.

"Hana, what are you doing?" Akira asked, confused by her friend's attitude.

"Yeah, it's locked," Tori reiterated. Hana now stood before the cafeteria's large double doors. They were definitely locked tight and the only other way to open them would be to use the key. The line of students was now also interested in what the first-year was planning to do, even the third-year seniors were hoping the young idol would come up with a solution. Hana examined the door's lock and ruffled through her uniform pocket and pulled out a fancy silver key.

"Is that—"

"No way—" Akira and Tori both questioned. Hana inserted the key into the lock, rotating it effortlessly until a loud clicking noise resonated. With a happy smile, Hana pushed the doors wide open and turned around to face everyone, shocked at their wild expressions.

"WHAT?!" all the students screamed.

"You have a key?" Tori asked, surprised at this revelation. Hana smiled as she showed everyone the silver key.

"Well, I shared my rose tea recipe with the chef, and he liked it so much he said I could come and make it anytime I wanted, so he had a copy of the key made for me," Hana explained. Before anyone could question the revelation, Hana addressed the hungry students. "Everyone, please come inside, breakfast will be served shortly!" The line of students rushed inside the airconditioned building, sitting down at the fancy tables. "Ok girls, you're with me," she said, grabbing Akira and Tori and pulling them into the kitchen.