Chapter 7: A Summer Day Dream

It was officially summer, and the cool spring weather was finally beginning to heat up. Hana sat in her dorm room, unwrapping a box that all first-year students received on June 1st; the academy summer uniform. The summer uniform was quite different to its winter counterpart, opting for a short-sleeved dress and tan closed-toe wedges. The pleated white dress had the academy logo emblazoned onto the left breast whilst the ends of the skirt and sleeves had a unique colour trim; reflecting the idol's typing. Hana was lucky that her hairpiece matched the accent colours perfectly. The shoes were simple with little bows on them, again coloured to suit the idol's type. Hana left her room to see her friends: Tori, Akira and Miyuki, all posing in their new, stylish uniforms.

"These summer uniforms are so stylish," Akira commented, adjusting the bow in her hair to compliment her new look.

"I agree, they're also very light which will help when the heat turns up," Tori added, brushing her long brown hair. Miyuki was tapping away at her phone, looking at all of her social medias.

"Every girl in the academy looks amazing in it, the academy did a good job," she said.

"Good morning girls," Hana greeted as she sat on the sofa next to Tori.

"Morning, you look so cute in your uniform," Miyuki praised, snapping a quick photo of her. Hana blushed at the attention, her face colour now blending into her hair. Before she could gain her composure, all of the girl's phones chimed in unison. Tori picked hers up and read the message:

'Attention, first-years. Top Star Academy will be participating in the Summer Film Festival in Kirumi City again this year. Many idols from other schools will also be in attendance, so this is a perfect opportunity to meet new friends and spread the power of your Aikatsu. Idols who wish to participate should head to Performance Hall C, after homeroom.'

"What's the 'Summer Film Festival'?" Hana asked, rereading the message. Tori didn't seem fazed by her question.

"Every summer, multiple media companies in Kirumi City create independent films to showcase talent. Top Star has been participating for years now, but really only the first-years get involved because our schedules allow us to."

"Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun, and it would be a great way to make new friends. I think I might go."

"Yeah, me too!" Miyuki chimed in. "I don't have any jobs or auditions lined up this week, so it would be a good use of my time." Hana and Miyuki hi-fived in their excitement. "What about you guys? Do you have any brand ambassador work to do?" Akira shook her head as did Tori.

"No actually. Ms. Hitoru is out of town at the moment so I'm free too."

"Same here, Mr. Tansen said his team are off doing marketing research," Tori explained. "So, until they get back; I have no other plans." Hana's eyes lit up at their news, she leapt towards them, clasping each of their hands.

"We should all do this together, it would be so much fun," she explained. Akira and Tori exchanged a look before smiling brightly and agreeing to their friend's request.

----

Hana could barely focus at all during homeroom; her excitement continued to build as it came closer and closer to the time of the meeting. Tori noticed Hana's excitement and reciprocated the feeling; albeit still projecting her calm aura. Setsuna struggled to gain the attention of her class, whom all were excited at this opportunity.

"I take it all you sweeties are interested in the 'Summer Film Festival'? she asked. Finally, all the student's attention was focused. "Well since that's all you seem to be thinking about, let's review some of the previous entries." Setsuna tapped her tablet and the screen behind her lit up. She selected a short clip from one of the previous entries two years ago. The classroom's lights dimmed as the scene played out on screen.