Chapter 10: A New Dream Blooms

It was a special time at Top Star Academy; the students were eager to take some time off and return to their families. Every year during the summer term and before official exams begin, the academy lets their students have 'off time', a period that all idols are familiar with. Due to their busy schedules, be it performing or studying, idols rarely have the opportunity to relax and unwind from their stressful careers. Hana sat comfortably in the train car seat, writing in her journal she had kept with her since leaving Kazeki City. The pages had filled immensely since her first day, documenting her friendships, accomplishments and dreams. She continued to write her current entry, her penmanship clear and legible.

'Today is the official first day of 'off time'. The academy is giving us a four-day long weekend before we return to begin exam season: I wonder what idol exams are like? Anyways, I'm currently sitting on the train heading back home. I'm so excited. Tori, Akira and Miyuki saw me off this morning. I felt really bad; we had to be up so early just so I could make it on time. I might have slept in, but I have a good reason. I was dreaming of singing on stage in my own special coord.' Hana paused, reflecting on the dream.

'It was such a lovely dream. The crowd cheered my name and the stage lit up my beautiful dress that was mine and mine alone!' Hana stopped again, realising the tangent she was getting on. She took a deep breath before continuing to write.

'Ever since my friends became ambassadors for their favourite brands, I've felt like I'm missing out. Don't get me wrong Journal, I'm so happy for my friends and they've worked so hard, but I can't help but feel sad that I don't have a brand to call my own. Ms. Yasoku offered me some suggestions and organised some meetings with some brands she thought would suit me; but something wasn't right. Their coords were all really pretty and the people were so nice but, I don't know, I didn't feel like they were for me. Maybe I'm overthinking things. But Akira says that brands are important, they're what allow an idol to represent herself. Tori thinks so too, ever since she became a brand ambassador, she's been so happy and so confident. Miyuki too, I didn't think she could develop more energy!' Hana giggled to herself as she wrote that passage, the image of her friends smiling popped into her head.

'I look up to them so much, but I don't know if I'll ever be on the same level as them.' She whipped out her phone and began tapping on the screen, opening the Aikatsu Ranking. Akira, Miyuki and Tori were sitting in the 64th, 65th and 68th positions respectively. Hana clicked the words 'jump to me' and the screen scrolled to her position: 78th. Hana still was one of the highest ranked first-years at Top Star Academy yet amongst her friends, she was lacking.

'Journal, I want to be better, I want to be a brand ambassador and shine like my friends, but I don't know if I can do it. I can't dwell on that now though, what kind of idol stresses about her Aikatsu on her break? I'm going back home, and I can't wait to see my family. Grandmother must have been working so hard without me there to help, I'll make sure to give her an extra special hug. Dad is supposed to be home as well; last time we spoke he said his conference had ended and he'd be back in town for a few weeks; I'll give him a big hug too.'

"Train stopping at Kazeki Station!" an automated voice bellowed. Hana looked up suddenly, realising she had been journaling so intensely, she hadn't noticed the train had passed through the countryside and was arriving at her destination. She quickly signed off the entry with a signature love heart surrounded by a ring of flowers. As the train come to a halt, she grabbed her suitcase and exited the station.

Kazeki Station was much smaller than the station in Kirumi City, yet it was still busy as ever. The city itself was a major stop for people based out in rural areas as it was the nearest social and market hub. However, Kazeki paled in size to Kirumi or Tokyo roughly encompassing only a few of their districts. Despite this, Hana loved her home city; the smell of fresh gardens and the traditional feel always brought her peace of mind.