Chapter 8: Miyuki's Cheer

It was a nice warm Monday at Top Star Academy, Miyuki Jorutta sat in her dorm room flipping through videos on IdolStar. The turquoise haired idol smiled at her friend's previous performances, getting excited to perform herself. Since attending Top Star, Miyuki had been active in pursuing jobs and auditions, securing a wide variety of roles from guest appearances to a backup dancer and even dressing in a teddy bear costume; she was certainly deserving of her 72nd spot on the Aikatsu Ranking.

"Good afternoon Miyuki," Tori said as she entered the dorm room, sitting down next to her friend on their lush sofa.

"Hey Tori, no work today?" Tori set her messenger bag at her feet and exhaled.

"No, I actually just came from the archives, I was helping Hana study for her role."

"Oh yeah, she got a job as an assistant chef on that kids show, right?"

"Yeah, however they also wanted her to prepare her own meal so I we came up with some recipes together." Tori began listing some of their ideas, including a decadent chocolate cake, sourdough bread and Hana's speciality; her rose tea.

"That sounds so yummy, I wish I was there," Miyuki sighed, the promise of food strong on her tongue.

"Where's Akira?" Tori asked, switching the conversation topic.

"She's at the 'Gorgeous Glamour' headquarters, something about a photoshoot for a popular magazine."

"That's awesome. Oh hey, she just posted on IdolStar," Tori highlighted, pointing out the notification both she and Miyuki received. Miyuki tapped it which took them to Akira's personal page on IdolStar. While the website was mainly used for streaming performances and other idol work, it was also a social hub where idols and brands could post updates and display their Aikatsu Ranking and following. Akira's page had many photos of her as well as the occasional breakfast selfie. Her most recent photo was a behind-the-scenes look of her at the photoshoot, the caption read: 'AHHH! They're taking my picture, this is so exciting!'

"Ooh, she must be having so much fun," Miyuki thought out loud. Together the girls liked Akira's post, adding to the already near thousand. As they continued to scroll through their favourite idol's feeds, Miyuki was sent a notification. She instantly screamed, frightening Tori causing her to juggle her phone in her hands.

"Is everything ok?"

"Look at this!" Miyuki shoved her phone in Tori's face, allowing her to see the message: ''Neon Party' is accepting applicants for a brand ambassador position; apply now!' Miyuki continued to squeal with excitement as she read the terms and conditions.

"'Neon Party'?" Tori asked. Miyuki's sounds stopped, her eyes became vacant of all life; it was as if all the colour in the world had been drained from her.

"You've never heard of it?" she asked, mouth agape. Tori delicately shook her head which resulted in Miyuki tapping wildly on her phone, bringing up the brand page. The brand page was a wild array of glowing images and dropdown menus, different from Tori's brand.

'A brand filled with high energy and maximum happiness. Electric colours and glowing charm means anyone can bring light to a smile in even the darkest of places.' This was the tagline of the brand's intentions. Tori smiled and giggled.

"That certainly sounds like you." Miyuki giggled in response.

"Ever since I came to Top Star Academy, I've been working hard to try and get myself noticed, and now this is my chance. I have to apply!" Tori encouraged her and together they worked on Miyuki's application.

----

The next day had come around and Miyuki sat in her homeroom class, listening to a lecture about Special Appeals.