Chapter 13 - A singer

"And you? Are you in school?" I asked Bryan while we walked along the street.

"No, I'm not. I'm 20 so I should be in collage, but I'm not."

"So what are you doing?"

He waited a few second to answer, he seemed not too sure what to say.

"I do different jobs, in the music business."

"Oh, in the music business? Are you playing an instrument or singing?" I said honestly interested.

"I'm a singer and and can play the guitar. What about you? Do you have any skills?" He said and looked at me with a kind face.

"Any skills? Uh, I don't know, I mean I draw a lot, and play some piano actually. But if that can be defined as skills is to someone else to decide."

"Are you always this modest?" He asked and stopped walking.

"What? modest?" I stopped and looked at him."What I mean is that, what I think is good might not everybody think is good. We have different definitions of good you know." I said a little surprised by his sudden question.

"You really should believe in what you do! Don't doubt som much, I believe you are talented in all those things you like doing."

I knew he was right, or was he? I just did not want to sound the opposite, like cocky or something. But we all are good at something. So maybe I should accept my talent?

"I might be a little modest then." I spoke and we kept walking.

"Would you say you are a good singer?" I asked him.

"Isn't that to someone else to decide? We have different definitions of good you know. " He said trying not to reveal his smile. We both started to laugh when our eyes met.

"Well, that was exactly my point! Finally you got it, for a second I thought you were a little stupid." I said and punched him lightly with my shoulder.

"One thing doesn't have to exclude the other you know."

"I don't think you're stupid." I said.

"You don't? Well. You don't know me that well yet, you'll see. I'm pretty immature too."

"That's not my impression of you."

"What's your impression of me?"

I kept quiet for a few seconds to gather my thoughts. Then I answered.

"You're nice and fun." I said and made a pause before the bit I found a little harder to tell. "And I like being with you, even if we haven't known each other for so long, I feel secure around you." It felt good to say that, even though I was terrified of his reaction, did I say too much?

"That's very nice of you. Thank you." He sad with a timid smile. "I think you're fun too. And I feel good in your company." Then we kept on walking and chatting.

After a 20 minute walk, Bryan stopped and came with a suggestion.

"Now we're not far from where I live."

"Where's your house?"

Bryan reached out his hand to point at a building behind an alley of trees with orange pained leafs. "Just behind the trees, you see?"

"Aha, which floor?"

"Come on, I'll show you from inside instead."

AN: Thank you for reading this chapter! Don't forget to leave a comment or a star if you liked it!

Image source: Flickr.com