I knew exactly what I wanted.

I walked towards the door and closed it shut so we could have a little privacy, and so I could save myself from embarrassment and then turned to her. When I did, my anger got the best of me when I grabbed her arm and yanked it towards me so she was now facing me.

"Do not ever show up at my office like that again, I could lose my job because of you." I growled with trembling anger. "What the fuck is it that you want? Money? I'll give that to you but please leave me alone."

"I don't want money Ivan, I want you!" She said, "Why have you closed our account?"

"Here you say you don't want money?" I scoffed. I turn to her again and watched her in firing anger, "I closed it because we're no longer going to be married. Have you forgotten that I filed for divorce?" I snarled,

"Why? Why are we getting a divorce? You know how much that will give me a bad image to the public." She stressed. She pulled me closer to her when she wrapped her arms around my waist. I furrow my brows as I avoid her frown but she grabs my face with one of her hands. "And I still love you, you know that."

My jaws ticked as I was taking in her words, I haven't heard those words for nearly a year now and the fact that divorce has brought her attention, she decided to use them now. However, that really didn't bother me because I had fallen out of 'love' with Estella two years into our marriage. Actually, I never loved her. I was just a stupid motherfucker back then that thought to do anything just to impress my dickhead father who gives not even a fuck about me. I was lonely when mom died and the only person that really helped with my depression was dad by keeping me busy with his company.

I pulled away by shrugging myself off of her and stepped away, she gawked at me in disbelief before her eyes began to water. Oh fuck.

"The contract has come to an end." Was all I said,

"We can get married again." She suggested as she returned but this time, she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I don't want to be married to you Estella, not when you go behind my back and commit things against my will." I retort, "I also told you, if you remembered, that I would get a divorce either way, pregnant or not pregnant." I said,

She began to cry and I rolled my eyes back as the irritation began to enter my body. I unclench my fists and felt my anger slowly melting when Estella really began to cry in front of me. I made her cry and I felt shit for it so I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms around her to comfort her. She is my wife... still after all.

"Why are you crying, Estella?" I groan,

"I..I don't know...Ivan, I'm sorry... I..just...wanted to try again. I really..want a baby!" She sobbed,

I felt my breathing become shallow as I feared this coming. After that doctor's appointment with Lana, we got to learn that Estella's fifth cycle of IVF treatment was unsuccessful therefore, she was not pregnant, much to my relief. I clench my fists again as I embraced her and contemplate on an appropriate response to say to her because there was no way I was going to allow her to get pregnant with my child, definitely not now. I wanted this marriage to end before the contact did because if it didn't, then there is a possibility that I might be forced into marrying her again. I honestly don't know why the fuck it took me five years to realise that this was not for me. She was not for me.

"I'm sorry you didn't get pregnant... but maybe it was meant to be." I reasoned. I pulled away from her and grab her shoulders, "I mean it Estella, we should separate. It will be good for the both of us." I say,

She wiped her face as well as her nose and gave me a weak smile.
"Y-yes... I think you're right. Our marriage started off as a business deal, I think I just wanted this to be perfect so bad that I didn't realise where it went wrong." She sniffled,