Chapter 1 coming home to family

Kira Darby sat on the coach bus quietly, listening to her music, thinking about the day her dad kicked her out.

She just came home from school to find her things outside on the porch when her dad came out.

'Your the reason your mothers dead you little curse of a child! Go find yourself a new home or something, you don't live here anymore!' The words ran through her head so many times her eyes couldn't shed anymore tears cause she cried so much already.

The bus was coming up to her stop so fast Kira wasn't ready to face her aunt, or her cousin but she had nowhere else to go.

When she came up to the station some people got off to use the stations rest room and get some food, while Kira looked around duffle bags in hand and backpack on her shoulder.

Spotting her aunt and cousin she slowly walked over to them, when June saw her she engulfed her in a big hug.

"Oh Kira honey, are you ok?" June asked.

".....I'd be better if you'd let me go" Kira mumbled.

"Jack can you take her bags?" June asked.

"Uh sure.....lemme guess in the trunk?" Jack asked.

"Yup" June nodded and guided her niece over to the car.

Kira sat in the back remaining quiet, while Jack was texting someone on his phone, she noticed her name in a text.

"Your talking about me" She said more as a fact than a question.

"Only to a friend, I told them I'd be busy helping my mom with my cousin, so I just told her you just arrived" Jack said.

"Her?" Kira asked.

"Ya her name is Miko, and there's Raf...you'll meet them later on when you go to school" Jack said.

Kira sighed and looked out the window, her black hair blowing in the wind that came through the open window.

"So Kira how are you doing?" June asked.

"....fine....I guess...I still can't believe their dead, I didn't....why did mom have to die and Reina, we were at the beach for an art project then a tornado hits, I swear I'm a curse" Kira said clutching her hair.

"No your not" June said.

"Feels like it" Kira mumbled.

June pulled up to her home, Jack opened the garage to work on something, Kira saw the blue and pink bike that sat there.

"When did you get a bike?" Kira asked.

"Oh awhile ago....right mom" Jack looked to his mother.

"Ya I decided to surprise him since he was working so hard at school and work" June said with a smile.

"......cool.....I like the blue on it, is my room still set up?" Kira asked.

"Yes, I'll help you move your things when the truck arrives tomorrow" June said.

"Ok thank you....I'll uh...be in my room" Kira said walking to her room, carrying her bags with her.

June and Jack watched Kira leave, both let out a long sigh and Jack sat on Arcees back making her let out an 'oaf'.

"Who's the girl Jack?" Arcee asked.

"My cousin, her name is Kira Darby, she uh well doesn't have a home anymore" Jack said.

"What do you mean?" The femme asked.

"Her mom died, a bad accident, and her best friend died when a tornado hit the beach they were at working on something for school, her dad kicked her out cause he blamed her for her moms death" Jack said.