Chapter 8 - The Power of Food and Bludgers

Start from the beginning

"I think he's losing it," whispered Ron causing Hermione to giggle.

"Don't worry," Hermione said trying not to laugh at Vincent's depressed face, "I'll make sure to tell Madam Pince that I borrowed it for myself. It'll clear up the misunderstanding."

Vincent's eyes shined as he hugged Hermione by surprise, "Hermione, I love you!"

SMACK

Vincent rubbed a painful bump on his head as he stared at Hermione's back as she stormed off. He chuckled to himself while Harry and Ron looked at him like an idiot. Neither of the boys noticed the furious blush and silly smile on the bushy-haired girl's face.

Moments later, they settled on one of the stalls in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom due to Hermione saying that it was the perfect spot to secretly prepare a potion.

"The ability to transform into any person," Vincent's inner Mad Scientist thought as the other three were discussing the potion, "wonder what kind of combinations would happen if I messed with recipe."

"I can get the ingredients," Vincent said drawing attention, "but since the fluxweed has to be picked at the full moon and the lacewings have got to be stewed for twenty-one day, the earliest we could make it would be a month, not to mention Christmas is coming up."

"What's Christmas got to do with this?" Hermione asked

"I'm heading back to London for the holidays," he said, "I'll get the ingredients ready in case you guys plan to do it without me."

Vincent continued talking, "you guys would also have to get something with their DNA, hair perhaps? Hm, you alright Hermione?"

"Oh," Hermione gave a forced smile, "I'm fine, it's the best plan we have, so let's go with it. If Malfoy stays over the holidays, we'll do it then. Don't worry about us Vincent."

Vincent looked at the somewhat moody aura around Hermione and raised an eyebrow. He didn't understand what made her so upset, but if she didn't want to talk about it then he probably shouldn't push it.

While Hermione was checking that the coast was clear for them to leave the bathroom, Ron muttered to Harry, "It'll be a lot less hassle if you can just knock Malfoy off his broom tomorrow."

...

Harry woke up early on Saturday morning. After an hour of lying in bed to calm his nerves for the big game, he went to eat breakfast but noticed that one bed was empty.

"Hm, where's Vincent?" Harry thought curiously before shaking the thought off, "Maybe he went to train Neville?"

But that thought was brushed off as soon as he saw Neville snoring loudly. Harry walked downstairs to meet the rest of the Gryffindor team all looking just as nervous. They were all feeling pressured by the fact that Slytherin all had far better brooms then them. Despite that, they were all determined to win.

The moment the clock hit eleven, the whole school had started making their way down to the stadium. Harry had just met up with Ron and Hermione before they all felt that something was very off. Harry sniffed the air, getting a whiff of a delicious fragrance. He stood confused before his face morphed into one of pure shock as he exchanged glances with Ron and Hermione who both realized the same thing.

"Check the stands, now!" Harry said before heading to the Gryffindor lockers

It wasn't only the three of them that noticed either. Half of the school had noticed the wondrous smell in the air and started climbing the stands to investigate what the source was. Hermione and Ron made it up there later only to stared slack-jawed at the scene before them.