22| Unexpected Encounters

❛❛Will you stop time
if this moment passes?❜❜

- Butterfly

๑☆゚.*・。๑

"Me neither."

The last words that he'd spoken the night before came back to Jihye as she woke up in Jungkook's firm embrace, with his breath hitting the back of her neck, sending a shiver down her spine.

She summarised the last day and the realization that any neighbour could have seen them in their balcony and misinterpreted what was happening finally sunk in.

Her cheeks reddened. She moved a little bit, and suddenly felt Jungkook's grip on her waist tighten and his breathing pattern become uneven. "You're awake?"

"Wide awake," Jungkook replied breathlessly and Jihye wondered what could be the reason behind that. "You're not exactly helping with that squirming around." Jihye flushed redder.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," she mumbled and tried to free herself from his embrace but he wouldn't let her.

"Stay," he whispered. "A little longer."

A smile was visible on Jihye's face as she felt the need in his voice. The need to hold her close. "Classes again. Sometimes I hate them, don't you?" He asked her.

"You bet," Jihye smiled. "Why did you choose dancing, though?"

That question got Jungkook silent for a while. When Jihye was about to assume he didn't hear it and repeat it again, he replied, "There was this time when I knew nothing, had nothing but cared about only one thing."

"Dancing?"

"Yeah, all I wanted to do was dance." Jihye tilted her head to look at his face and found out that he was lost in thoughts. "And pretty soon, I'll be a senior."

"Don't remind me. You're gonna be promoted to final year but I have two more years left of college," she complained as her lips naturally formed a pout. Jungkook chuckled.

"Cute," he smiled, poking her cheek with his free hand. "Just endure these two years. I can see a successful career before you."

๑☆゚.*・。๑

"I'm not attending office today. I want to stay home and have dinner with you," Jungkook said quietly as he focused on the road up front.

"Great," Jihye smiled. "Do you wanna do something special?"

"No," he replied. "Let's just cook some Ramen and laze around."

"Sounds like a good plan, except we don't have Ramen at home."

Jungkook hummed. "That's only natural considering how much Ramen you've been eating lately."

"Hey!" Jihye hit him lightly on the biceps. "I only eat Ramen because it's so easy to cook and I don't have time to cook something else since I have to study and practice so much more now."

"I'm just kidding," Jungkook defended himself. "I know that because I do the same."

"I guess we're both just college students who leave work to the last minute and study like crazy once we realize we haven't got much time left till exams," Jihye confessed.