2| Last-Minute Jitters?

I'm searching for your real intention.
You always send me one or two lines of text and that's it.

- Danger

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Three continuous knocks on the door were what made Jihye aware of how much time she was spending in her bedroom. She decided to think about it later and open the door first.

"Heya, Jihye!" She found her dark haired brother greeting her with a cute eye smile. These smiles of his were really heart-warming.

"Hey, Jiminie." She smiled back at him. "What's up?"

"I should be asking you that," he said, getting inside. "Why have you been locked up in here the whole day? I heard you didn't even want to get out if your pajamas."

"I'm just..." She trailed off, trying to figure out what was really up with her. "I dunno. Tired, I guess."

She added, "Plus, pajamas are comfy." Jimin chuckled half-heartedly.

"I've heard about these jitters people have prior to their weddings, but you can't be like this now." He said anxiously and sat on Jihye's bed, while she leaned against the door, closing it again.

"Look at this," he held up a magazine towards Jihye, and she flipped over a few pages to understand what he actually meant.

It was a flashy article about the son of the CEO of one of the greatest international companies of whole of South Korea getting married to one of the most talented students of the Seoul University of Arts in just three weeks.

To most people, it didn't make much of a difference. They'd probably just flip the page over, but Jihye couldn't. Not when she was the bride herself.

She put down the magazine in exasperation. "Did I really make the right choice?" It was too difficult for her to keep her worries trapped inside now.

"Look, I know you wanted to finish college before getting married, but you do love Junghyun, right?" Jimin asked her.

"I do," she replied in the fraction of a second and Jimin raised his eyebrow.

"Then what are you so worried about? There's no doubt that he loves you as much you love him," he said and walked up to Jihye.

''It's for your own good. I know he'll take good care of you, Ji," he put his hands on her shoulder encouragingly. "I'll miss you when you're not around," he said, pulling her into a hug.

She immediately relaxed at his touch. This was why she'd do pretty much everything for this person just three years older than her. From their childhood, Jimin had always been there for his sister, whenever she got in trouble or was sick — every single time.

"I'll miss you, too," she whispered. "You should get someone for yourself, too. My classmates literally swooned over you all those times you came to get me from college."

Jimin chuckled. "I don't think I can ever get someone as beautiful as my sister."

"You know that sounded weird, right?" Her words were muffled into his chest.

"Remind me not to compliment you ever again."

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Jihye closed the door once again when Jimin went back to his room, and plopped down on the bed with the monthly edition of the magazine that came out just today in her hand. She remembered the day when she was suddenly summoned to the Jeon's house because Mr. Jeon was about to break it to the media.

There were some articles online, too. It wasn't every day such kind of news (maybe gossip was a better word), was available for the media. She went through the whole article and weirdly enough, although it had a lot about her and both of their families, it didn't mention Junghyun's name a single time.

It only said "Mr. Jeon's son" or "the heir of the company."

Jihye found a family photo of the Jeons. Mr and Mrs Jeon sat next to each other on the sofa, happiness evident in their eyes. Their two dashingly handsome sons stood behind them.

The Jeons were a beautiful and very talented family of four. Their two sons went to the same college — Seoul University of Arts. While Junghyun majored in Fine Arts, his younger brother, Jungkook majored in Dance Performance and Choreography.

Parents being best friends, Jihye knew the Jeons from her childhood. But it all became very intimate when she started dating their eldest son three years ago. Junghyun was twenty-one years old back then, and Jihye close to eighteen.

Being the children of one of the richest and most successful CEOs of the country, they knew they'd eventually get engaged in the family business. And yet, they had chosen to learn just a little bit more about their personal interests.

Following her dreams, Jihye had also enrolled in the same university, majoring in Vocal Music and Composition, which made her see Jungkook almost every single day although he was currently in his third year, and she in her second.

It was true that she loved Junghyun with all her heart, but never in her wildest dreams had she imagined getting married to him at such an young age, before even graduating. But she couldn't possibly decline both of their parents' wishes.

So, she had decided to get married to Jeon Junghyun, in a very short time of just three weeks, only a week before he became the new CEO. On only one condition, which the Jeons were glad to accept.

She'd continue her education even after getting married.

And when that problem was solved, she was supposed to be happy, dreamy or maybe excited but something else was bothering her. Although she wasn't sure if it had anything to do with his look on the day when Mrs. Jeon announced their family tradition, Junghyun hadn't been talking to her lately.

Maybe it was just because he had graduated only last year, and was anxious about taking over the entire company. But Jihye couldn't shake off this bad feeling, even though they were occasionally texting each other.

Was he really ready for the wedding?

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

What do you think, is he?