"He a Ball. You know like Lavar and Lonzo." Hakeem explained.

"What business he got over here?"

"I guess Yasmin." Keem shrugged, with a hint of something I couldn't recognize in his voice.

"We talk." I simply put it.

"Talk about what?" Kalin nudged his head forward.

"We just talk Kalin damn."

"Talk about what huh? You don't know shit bout ball and I know damn well y'all don't be talking about school work? So what y'all talking bout, sex?"

"No—K I mean, well like.."

"Abababa oh now you can't speak english?"

Keem was hollering like it was something funny.

"I really don't gotta be explaining shit to you. You gotta stop acting like you daddy." I knew I hit a nerve.

"I might as well be your damn daddy! 9 years I been doing this shit Yas. And you can't name a day you went hungry, or lacking shit."

"I like him Kalin," I sighed.

"Why can't you just 'like' school Yas." he groaned bringing his hand up to his forehead "Damn near gave me a stroke."

"Really K?"

"Yas you don't know these niggas. All they want it some sex and they gone. This Melo is just another nigga who's gon mess your head up, trust me." i

"Nah," Keem shook his head.

"Nah what?" Kalin said, as we both turned to look at him.

"He like her for real, I see it." he admitted, shocking both me and Kalin.

"You sure?" Kalin asked, probably wishing he wasn't.

"Yeah, he'll do right by her." he sighed like saying the words was physically causing him plain.

"Still, he can do right by her with they clothes on." Kalin insisted shooting a me a look.

I really couldn't understand why he had to run his mouth bout my business in front of company.

Keem didn't respond as he looked anywhere but at me.

"I gotta talk to this kid." Kalin decided.

"You really don't."

I know Lamelo would be pissing his pants talking to Kalin. But Melo had a mouth and I knew Kalin had no patience for that. All in all, it seemed like a bad idea.

"You not seeing him if I don't."

"What's the difference?"

"Just gotta make sure he know wassup."

"Whatever Kalin. I'm going to bed." I rolled my eyes, standing. I held onto Keem's thigh as I lifted myself "Goodnight Keem."

"Yeah," he mumbled.

melo

"I know you ain't just miss that." I laughed as I watched Armani miss a layup for the third time today.

"Nigga, fuck you. I'm warming up."

Practice ain't start yet but we was just in here fooling around.

I realized now what had happened at the party was all a misunderstanding. Still, I ain't no what business he had being that close to her but I let it go.