"Dad, please. I just broke up. It's not that I don't love Amber. I still love her. At least give me some time."

"Sure son. Take as much time as you want too." He grinned.

"But dad that girl ran away? So how come Tyler will marry her then?" Noah asked.

"I know but George told me she won't be gone long." My dad said.

"But still. If she is not there then there's no need for Tyler to marry her." Noah said in my defense, while I just listened to their conversation.

Dad shrugged. "She will be back. Don't worry. George will send his people in search of her. He will find her." He said assuredly.

"Btw, what was her name?" Noah asked.

Before I could tell him, my dad said. "Vanessa. Vanessa Carver." I was surprised at myself on how I still remember her name.

"It's such a pretty name." Noah smiled.

"I know."

Noah got up from the couch. "Anyway, I will leave now. See you soon, dad."

"See you soon, Noah. Bye."

They both hugged and Noah made his way towards the door. He opened it only to find, Emily, standing.

"Hello, Emily. What are you doing here?"

"I...brought Mr. Benson....a coffee." She hesitated. For how long was she here? Was she eavesdropping? Come on Tyler! You can see a coffee tray in her hand. My subconscious answered.

"I never asked for one," I said in confusion.

"It's for me," Dad said, clearing his throat, clearly trying to embarrass me.

I looked at dad only to see him smirking. He knows he just made me embarrassed in front of Emily. Noah moved out of the way while Emily made her way in. She placed the coffee on the table in front of dad and smiled at him. She didn't even glance at my direction and that made me clenches and unclenches my jaw. Why did it make me angry that she didn't look my way? Why did it bother me so much that she was ignoring me? Maybe because I shouted at her. Oh, God! The closing of the door made me distract from my thoughts. I got engaged with my work while dad enjoyed his coffee.

I was wearing a beautiful red knee-length dress Noah gave me

I was wearing a beautiful red knee-length dress Noah gave me. I know it's not what you casually wear to your job. Noah told me he would take me out for lunch, more like a date. So he wanted me to wear it. I wore my black heals with it. When I first came in office, everyone looked at me as if I had grown other head but Noah glaring made them bow their heads and walk straight to their desk. Noah walked with me towards my office and left. Now I was in my office checking the files. I got distracted when I heard the phone ring.

Before I could say anything, the jerk spoke.

"Miss Martin. Bring me Grey and Connor's file now." And with that, he hung up. Such an ass he is.