Walk in the Park

SUPERGIRL: SUPERCORP

When Lena entered her apartment, Kara was busy in the kitchen, a backpack on the counter. Lena gave her a quick kiss and sat at the next to the bag, pulling herself onto the countertop. Kara was loading containers of food into the bag, and a blanket sat next to it.

"Picnic?" Lena asked.

"Yeah. It was the first thing I did with the Danvers when I was adopted, so I figured it'd be a good first date for us since Alex insists we're getting married." Kara shrugged.

"You're adorable." Lena smiled, leaning over to kiss her girlfriend's cheek. Kara smiled as she zipped the backpack.

"Unless you want to wear heels to the park, I'd suggest you change." Kara teased.

"That's probably a good idea." Lena giggled as she hopped down and headed to the bedroom, throwing on a light blue dress that had lace over her stomach, showing her skin. Kara was slipping on a pair of sneakers on the couch when Lena emerged, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"That looks more like something I'd wear than something you would," Kara stated, standing and wrapping her arms around Lena's waist.

"I haven't worn this in a while. It's cute, right? I wasn't sure." Lena babbled.

"You look amazing." Kara giggled. "You act like me when you're nervous."

"I do, don't I? Except around a lot of people, then I try not to act at all because then people talk to you." Lena explained.

"Put on some shoes, Kara 2.0," Kara teased.

"I'm not you, I'm just awkward when I like people lots and dates are hard. Okay, I'm you." Lena mumbled. Kara giggled as Lena slipped on a pair of sandals. The grabbed the bag and left the apartment hand in hand.

Kara set out the blanket at a park, then handed the bag to Lena. There was an empty playground near them, and Kara couldn't resist the swings. Lena laughed as Kara began to swing, her eyes shut tight. Her hair flowed behind her perfectly as she picked up speed, and she looked so peaceful. Lena left the bag on the blanket and joined Kara, running her fingers along the chains on the sides of the swings.

"I haven't been on one of these since Mamaí died." She smiled.

"How? You went without swings your entire childhood? I used to go on the swings in the park where Eliza picked Alex and me up from the bus when we had to wait." Kara asked, stopping suddenly.

"Lillian insisted that parks and playgrounds were disgusting bacterial breeding grounds, and we should be focusing on our studies anyways." Lena shrugged.

"Can you swing by yourself? I didn't learn that until I was six. I'm going to push you. I don't care if you can or not." Kara stood and walked behind Lena with a smile.

"Is it weird that I never learned how to swing like normal kids do? I learned chess when I was six, you learned how to push yourself on a swing." Lena tensed up as Kara began to push her.

"Okay, now put your feet out when you go forward and lean back a little bit." Kara stepped back so that Lena could try on her own. "Pull your feet in when you go backward. It's pretty simple."

"I'm swinging! This is awesome!" Lena laughed.

"Close your eyes." Kara smiled, her eyes softening.

"Why?" Lena asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Don't look back! It makes you go crooked. Just do it." Kara sat in the swing next to her girlfriend and began to swing with her.

"It feels like I'm flying." Lena smiled, almost whispering. "Okay, how do I stop?" Lena looked down at the ground nervously.