Stay

(For Tallarna) The 100: CLEXA

In high school, Clarke, Lexa, and Finn were best friends. They were inseparable. Weekends and Friday nights were spent at each other's houses, talking and laughing for hours on end. Lexa's parents' lake house was inhabited every summer, all summer long, and their cabin in the woods always had perfect fields of snow for snowmen and epic snowball wars.

It was no surprise, of course, when Clarke and Finn started dating. The pair had been in love since the day they met. The real surprise came three months after that when Clarke and Finn broke up, and Lexa found herself in the middle of a feud.

The trio recovered from the drama almost as quickly as it began. They always recovered. Things between Clarke and Finn were tense for a while, but they figured things out.

Then came graduation. Finn moved from Arkadia, New York to Stanford, California. Lexa became a lawyer, just like her parents, and moved to Tondc to continue their legacy. Clarke was a boxing coach. She loved kids, and she loved fighting even more. Arkadia stayed exactly the same, but everything else changed.

It was nine years before Lexa visited home again. The first place she went was her old house. There a motorcycle and a minivan parked in the front. Lexa parked her own car and reluctantly stepped out of her own car.

When she knocked at the door, there was a series of shouts and the sound of a dog barking. A kid opened the door, a girl around twelve. She took one look at Lexa and sighed.

"You're not Uncle Bellamy." She muttered. "Mom, Aunt Clarke, there's someone here!"

"Alie, I told you to wait!" A woman groaned, approaching the door with a puppy at her heels. "Lexa."

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Lexa asked. The woman shook her head, laughing awkwardly.

"No, you don't. I was Clarke's roommate in college, and she had pictures of you and Finn everywhere. I'm Raven." The woman stuck out her hand for Lexa to shake. "Clarke's in the kitchen." Lexa followed Raven into her childhood home, which was completely remodeled. The walls were repainted, some of them torn down, and the kitchen was a sight.

Well, it was nothing compared to Clarke. She'd cut her hair to her shoulders and died the ends pink, which brought out her eyes. Her smile was brighter now, not dulled by the constant weight of living under her mother's pressure. Lexa had to admit, Clarke was just as beautiful as she was in high school, if not more. She couldn't pull her eyes away.

"Lexa Woods? Back in Arcadia after all these years." Clarke was laughing and hugging Lexa before the lawyer could even register the situation.

"You stayed." Lexa's voice was breathy as she shut her eyes tight. She'd forgotten how good her hugs were.

"And I bought your old house. I hope that's not weird." Clarke giggled, pulling away to study Lexa's face.

"Not weird at all. It's a good place, if I do say so myself." Lexa's laugh was like music to Clarke's ears. Her smile was straighter now, her eyes crinkled in the corners. That smile sent her back to high school, made her feel like Clarke Griffin, rebel teen again. Lexa's long, wavy hair was even longer now, all the way down to her waist and in an elaborate braid. A sigh escaped Clarke's lips.

"You got prettier. I heard you're a lawyer now, in Tondc. What brings you back home?" Clarke asked.

"I missed this place, and you. Tondc is great. I made a couple friends, but there's nothing like a small town where everyone knows your name." Lexa sighed.

"And how'd you end up here?"

"It's cheesy, but I wanted to see the place I grew up again. You've fixed it up a lot." Lexa shrugged.