Meeting Mom

SUPERGIRL: AGENTREIGN

Anyone who dated the Danvers sisters knew that meeting Eliza was crucial. If she didn't like you, your relationship was doomed. Simply stating, "Sam was nervous," would be an understatement. Sam's palms were sweaty, her hands were shaking, and she could barely maintain her focus. She was lucky, though. Sam had a friend with experience with Eliza. Lena had met the oldest Danvers too many times to count since she and Kara had been together for almost ten years.

"She's the sweetest woman on the planet. There's nothing to worry about!" Lena repeated this every time Sam asked about Eliza.

"What if she hates me?" Sam asked, wringing her fingers in the backseat of Lena's car. Alex, Kara, and Lena visited once a year. This time, Eliza talked her older daughter into bringing Sam and Ruby.

"She'll love you. Stop stressing!" Lena insisted. Alex and Ruby were asleep on either side of Sam, their heads on her shoulders.

"Eliza doesn't hate anyone," Kara added.

"Well, she hates my brother, but so do I." Lena shrugged. Kara leaned over the center console and placed a kiss on Lena's cheek. "I'm okay, dear." Lena's smile softened as Kara placed a hand on her knee, running her thumb over the scar there.

"Still, I was Reign." Sam sighed.

"And I was infected with black kryptonite and tried to kill my sister," Kara replied. "Insignificant. Neither of us had any control over those actions."

"But-"

"Shh, I'm sleeping. You'll be fine." Alex mumbled placing a sleepy kiss on Sam's lips before laying her head back down and returning to her slumber.

"You heard her. There are still about thirty minutes in the car. You may want to take a nap, too. We had an early morning." Lena glanced at Sam through the rearview mirror.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
After exactly thirty minutes, Lena parked her car in Eliza's driveway. Alex and Ruby were still fast asleep, so she attempted to wake them. Alex woke quickly, ready to punch the lights out of whoever woke her. She gave Sam a sheepish smile before she climbed out of the car. Ruby just whined, and squirmed, shifting a bit to stay asleep.

"You're thirteen, Ruby, I can't carry you." Sam chuckled.

"Got it!" Kara called, opening the car door and scooping up the teen. Sam rolled her eyes, a smile on her lips. Kara and Lena spoiled Ruby.

Kara returned a few minutes later, followed by an older blonde woman with a bright smile and eyes that crinkled in the corners. She pulled Alex into a hug first, with a grip only second to Kara's, then she hugged Lena.

"Oh, let me see the ring!" She squealed, studying the diamond on Lena's hand. "Congratulations, sweetheart."

"Thank you, Eliza," Lena smiled, allowing Eliza to pull her into another long hug.

"You must be the famous Samantha Arias," Eliza announced, placing her hands on Sam's shoulders.

"It's Sam, please. Samantha is - well, was - reserved for my mother."

"Of course. It's so good to meet you." Eliza nodded towards Alex, "She talks about you like you hung the stars in the sky, just for her."

"She deserves someone who can." Sam hummed, feeling Alex's arms wrap around her waist from behind.

"You're the closest thing to it." Alex pressed a kiss to Sam's cheek.

"Agree to disagree." Sam chuckled.

"Sure." Alex smiled.

"Well, come inside, and we'll get you settled in. I'll make some dinner soon." Eliza draped her arms over Kara and Lena's shoulders, leading them inside.

"Kara and Lena always take the guest room, but since there are three of you, I figured you'd share this one, and they'd get the girls' old room," Eliza announced.

"I'll take the couch so that Ruby isn't stuck with us," Alex chimed in.

"No, you won't. I will." Sam insisted.

"You're the guest, and her mother, so you get the bed," Alex replied.

"Just sleep in the damn bed."

"Nope. You're too tall for the couch."

"I'm only taller by two inches!"

"Two very important inches." Alex heard Kara snort and turned to see both her sister and sister-in-law to be giggling uncontrollably. "What?"

"It's a pullout couch." Kara laughed.

"Then Ruby can have it, why didn't you just say that?" Sam sighed.

"Because interrupting an angry Alex is the equivalent to provoking a white martian." Kara teased, dragging Lena into their room.

"Your sister." Sam chuckled, tucking a stray strand of hair behind Alex's ear.

"I don't know why we kept her," Alex whispered.

"She can hear you,"

"I can hear you!" Eliza and Kara replied in unison.

"I'll let you two settle in." Eliza patted Alex's shoulder on her way down the stairs, Sam's shoulders slumping with relief when she was out of sight.

"She likes you." Alex chuckled, studying Sam's worried expression. "Now, kiss me."

"Promise?" Sam's eyebrows knit together when she met Alex's eyes.

"I swear." Alex pressed her lips to Sam's, cupping her girlfriend's cheeks. Sam placed her hands on the backs of Alex's arms, kissing her harder, deeper.

"No making out in the hallways!" Kara shouted.