Her Smile

SANVERS

Alexandra Leigh Danvers loves scotch, hates coffee. I learned that the hard way. Favorite food, pizza, still refuses to try vegan ice cream. The most badass woman on the planet, but is scared of her own feelings. Hot as hell, but doesn't see it. Alexandra Danvers would probably kill anyone if they called her that, except for me. Alex is her name, and she's probably slapped hundreds of people for ignoring her. Her sister is Supergirl, but she's the real hero of the family. Even Kara (Supergirl herself) agrees. Alex has a very broken love-hate relationship with her mother, but cares more about the fact that I don't speak to mine. This woman will be the death of me.

"Hey, baby." Alex calls. I smile as she locks the door and makes her way into the kitchen, where I'm waiting with my cup of coffee and her cup of tea. She loves how well I know her.

"Hey, Danvers." I tease. She kisses my lips softly before sitting on a stool at the counter.

"Well, If that's how you want to play it, hello to you, too, Sawyer." She teases. I give her I big dopey grin. This woman is my kryptonite.

"Your sister and her obnoxiously stupid boyfriend are coming over." I inform her.

"Oh, and so is the man who wants to be a superhero, and the computer geek." She teases.

"Hey, James and Winn are cool!" I insist. She rolls her eyes at me with a smile.

"Sure they are. Just don't tell them that." She laughs lightly. I lean in to kiss her, and of course, right before our lips meet, someone knocks on the door. Probably Kara.

"Got it." I sigh. She chuckles as I make my way to the door. Sure enough, it's Kara and Moron-El. Well, Mon-El, but he knows I don't like him.

"Hey, Maggie." Kara smiles.

"You, little Danvers, are a buzzkill." I insist, crossing my arms as I let them in. Kara smirks and helps herself to the food in the fridge. Her and Mon-El take up a single seat on the couch, they're so close together. Alex wraps her arms around my waist from behind me, her arms resting on my stomach and her chin on my shoulder.

"Why'd we have to have company?" She mutters, placing a light kiss on my shoulder.

"Because it's your birthday, my beautiful, amazing, wonderful wife!" I shout, spinning around to face her. Alex has no idea how much I love her.

"Maggie!" Alex pouts, crossing her arms. She hates her birthday.

"Alex! Come on, just have a little fun." I pout, wrapping my arms around her neck. She rolls her eyes and places her hands on my waist, kissing my lips gently. That means I won. I pull away and smile, and she groans.

"You promise you didn't get me anything?" She asks. I shake my head and she leans her head on my shoulder, groaning loudly.

"You'll like it, I promise." I insist. Alex and I have been trying to have a baby, but we haven't had much luck. She's going to love my present.

"Can I open it now?" She asks excitedly, lifting her head.

"No! We're waiting for James and Winn!" I exclaim. She giggled and pecks my lips.

"And pizza!" She adds.

"And Kara isn't allowed to eat it all!" I yell.

"Yeah, I am. I kick ass all day!" Kara shouts from the couch.

"What do you think we do?" Alex asks. Kara rolls her eyes and turns back to Mon-El. Another knock on the door signals James and Winn's arrival, or pizza. I open the door, and it's both. I pay for the pizza after letting our friends in, though Alex tries to give me the money. We still act like we're dating, even though we've been married for three years now. Our whole group take our seats in the living room, Alex with her legs in my lap, Kara and Mon-El on the other couch, James and Winn deciding that the floor was better than sitting on one of the couches with the couples.

"When do I get the one present you got me?" Alex asks.

"You get your three presents from me now, if you want." I tell her.

"Maggie!" She groans. I giggle and push her legs out of my lap, then make my way to the cabinet where I keep my coffee. "You knew I'd never go in there!" She exclaims. I don't answer as I bring the two bags over, along with a little rectangular box. I set one bag in her lap, keeping the second bag and the box in my lap.

"Open it!" I exclaim. She rolls her eyes and pulls a t-shirt out of the bag. It says, 'I'm not gay, but my girlfriend is!' I knew she'd love it. She laughs, sets it down, and reaches for the box. I pull it away and hand her the other bag, making her roll her eyes. It's a onesie for a baby. She looks at me and smiles. She thinks it's just for someday later on, but she's so wrong. I hand her the box, and I bite my lip. She opens it and screams. It's a positive pregnancy test. She drops that box and jumps into my arms. Everyone else, except for Kara is confused.

"Alex and I have been trying for a baby for a while and..." I paused, knowing they all knew what was coming, because Alex never screams. Not even if she was scared. "I'm pregnant." I smile, and I'm immediately tackled with hugs. Alex won't let go of my hand, squeezing it tight as if I'm going to fade away if she doesn't keep me held down.

The image fades from my head as I hold Alura, our daughter. Alex holds her twin sister, Astra. We thought it was the best way to honor the Kryptonians who died, especially the ones that brought us Kara. Alex and I have just made it home from the hospital, and our babies aren't even a whole week old yet. Alex is asleep already, laying on the couch with her feet in my lap and Astra on her chest. I smile at her gently, taking Alura to the nursery, then coming back for Astra. I wake my wife, and we head to bed, for a much needed nap.

And now I'm caught up! Two tomorrow to make up for not posting on the first and there will be 12 of these for 12 days. If you have requests, comment! 💕💕