I struggle. Putting extra effort into doing generally mundane activities like washing my face and brushing my teeth as I'm distracted by the soft crying wafting through the crack of the bedroom door. Her tiny sobs are the saddest thing I've ever heard, every whimper feeling like a tiny stab to my heart.

Eventually, I completely give up on my morning routine and end up gripping the edge of the sink counter tightly with my head hanging over my phone. I watch the minutes tick slow by on the lock screen's clock display. When the fifteen minutes—that felt like an eternity—are finally up, I throw the bathroom door open dramatically. The wild motion makes my little girl jump and turn around to see me speeding toward her.

"D-Dadda!" she lets out a strangled cry, holding out her arms.

"It's okay. It's okay," I shush her as I lift her from under her thighs to hoist her up in my arms, "Daddy's here."

She immediately wraps her arms around my neck and legs around my waist, holding onto me for dear life.

"I-I never h-h-hit Daddy again—" she stutters heavily into my neck.

"I know, baby," I rub her back soothingly, "I know you're sorry."

"S-So sowwy," she sniffles, "Dadda forgive m-me?"

"Of course. Of course I do, sweet girl," I say sitting us down on the bed with her in my lap, "Calm down now. Deep breaths."

I do my best to pacify the little in my arms, rocking her side-to-side until all her weeping and slight shaking comes to a stop. Pulling her in, I place soft kisses on her temple.

"Will you tell me why you are so rambunctious this morning?" I ask.

"Me, n' K-Kookie, n' Chimmie were all up watchin' t-toons an' colorin' p-pictures an' Hobi oppa came down," she explains, "He gave us c-cake."

"Cake?"

She pulls her face from my neck and nods, her eyes still puffy and nose a bit red, "Cake from ma' p-party for breaky 'cus we were hungry."

"The leftover birthday cake from yesterday?" I ask, she smiles widely and nods.

I huff in irritation. What a stupid idea; Hoseok knows better than that. I'm going to kick that fucker's ass.

"I seriously can't believe he gave you guys that much sugar in the morning," I sigh heavily.

"It was yummy!"

"Yeah, I bet it was. C'mon, let's go check on Kook and Chim—"

I make a move to stand the both of us up, but suddenly find myself on my back. My little girl grins slyly, her hands on my chest pressing me firmly into the mattress.

"Sweetheart..." I raise my brow, "What are you doing?"

"Doin' what I wanted ta' do when I woke daddy up," she replies innocently, but her body language is the complete opposite as she crawls up my body like a mischievous kitten.

"Oh," I feel myself beginning to smirk, liking where this was heading, "And what's that, angel?"

She leans down, rubbing our noses together before allowing our lips to graze against one another.

"Give Daddy special kissies," she whispers.

I hum in approval, "Daddy would like that."

She presses her velvet lips to mine and I groan at the sweet taste of her mouth. I allow her to lead for the moment, but it wasn't going to last long. Daddy Tae is always in charge.