Problem is I'M his girl . . . But HE's her man

Chapter 1

"Get up Gen ! your gonna be late again !" I heard my mother sing, as she knocked on my door. The woman actually used that cheesy tone? She probaly thought it was "cool" to use. Just because, GEN and AGAIN, is a rhyme of some sort. Retarted.

"Ugh ! go away" I mumbled into my pillow.

"GET UP NOW !" She screamed and threw something hard at me. The object hit me right in the crook of my neck, causing me to jolt out of sleep. I rubbed my eyes in annoyance and opened my eyes. There stood at my door, was my mom. She had on her usual jeans and a peach colored top that hid behind her apron. She was smiling brightly, making me groan. How can she be so happy ?

I looked down and saw in my lap was my brush. I looked back up at my mom and said, "Really ? My brush ?" I raised my brow. "Well, there wasnt anything else new me that came to mind. I just picked it up and threw it at you" She smiled, chuckling at her recent actions. "Whatever" I rolled my eyes and pushed myself out of bed.

Somehow, I am just as my mother. We had the same hair color, style, body type, and attitude. Shes like an older version of myself.

"Good. Now your up, I have breakfest downstairs for you, and money under your plate. Make sure you do your dishes before you leave . . . " She said, using her fingers, at count. I huffed in exhaustion at her words.

"Oh ! and don't forget !" she paused, waiting for me to look at her. "I love you" She spoke, giving me a warm smile and headed downstairs and out the door. She left too quick for me to reply. I was kind of hurt at that. But it's understandable. I used to never care if she loved me or not. She didn't seem to care either. Until lately.

"Love ya too . . . mom" I mumbled quietly. I walked into my bathroom and into my shower. I turned on the water and sooner than I thought I was heading down the carpeted stairs in a pair of black skinny jeans and a green "I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY" tank top. I strolled into the kitchen and snatched up the money mom left, and stuffed it into my pocket. After I was finished with my breakfest, I dumped the leftovers and washed my dishes. As I was told.

"I never leave her,

cus i heard that she was a keeper,

so ima keep her, cus i love

how it feels when i freak her,

them other girls try,

but it ain't the same,

cus she be up and down,

like a video game

Video Game Lover,

We should .......,

With each other,

I said,

Video game lover

we should .......,

with each other -"

I pulled out my phone, and looked at it. There on the screen was my best friend Mandy's Face.

"Hello ?" I spoke as I shut the faucent off.

"Hey Hey Gen Gen !"

"Hey"

"Im outside, where ya at ?" she questioned.

"Inside. I had to do the dishes"

"Your mom made you do the dishes, AND YOUR ACTUALLY DOING IT!?!" She chuckled.

"Hahaha, shut your trap. Im coming" I said.

"kayy"

After I hung up, I grabbed my bag and put on my sneckers. I looked up into the mirror besides the front door. Checked my appearance to see if I was decent enough to walk out the door. Once I was done fixing a few strands I opened up the door and stepped out. The cool morning air made me shiver. But I smiled inspite of it.