It was the 24th of December now and on a Tuesday afternoon which gives Jisoo another three days if that happens. She knows that Mrs. Kim was busy and granting her an extension for her leave won't be her priority right now. She could ask Jennie and hope that the younger girl would agree. Though she might have been missing that particular face, she also misses spending time with the people she was currently surrounded with.

"I'll ask. I'm going to contact at least Jennie right now."

"Ooh! Is that the little girl you're taking care of?"

Jisoo giggled as she spied her phone on the table, seeing messages from Chaeyoung and Lisa. "She's not exactly a little girl, eommonim. I mean, she's little but we're just one year apart."

"So you're taking care of someone who can already be considered as your friend?" She gasped and covered her mouth in that jokin manner. "And actually getting paid for it?!"

"Hey! She's not that easy to handle! Besides, she has the big birthday celebration coming up so we're meeting a bunch of people to prepare for it..."

She came on to explain that she was more like a personal assistant to Jennie more than a friend. Jisoo wasn't even sure if Jennie considers her as her friend until now. A laugh escaped her lips when she recalled a funny story that could indeed pass up as Jennie being a little girl in people's eyes.

"Yeah she's small but she could be terrible too. Though she's cute most of the time with those chubby cheeks. It might have been more obvious than Hara has. But her smile, eommoni, her smiles are just... and--"

"You love her."

"Eommoni!" The old woman laughed, ignored Jisoo's caught off guard and quickly flooding with red face. "That's not what I was gonna say next--"

"You sure sound like you would end up saying that any other way."

"I..." She cleared her throat and played with her phone. "I wasn't gonna say that."

"But you're not denying it too, Jisoo." The young girl opened her mouth to reply but closed it again when she saw Sae Ra's look. She could see through her and with all the babbling she had done with Jennie as its main topic, it wouldn't be too long for her to figure it out. "So... when are you bringing her so we can meet?"

"It's not like... we have that relationship or..." Sae Ra raised her eyebrows because the sure and confident Jisoo she knew was getting flustered. The last time she was close to being like this was over her first ever crush but even that wasn't to this extent. "She said she's spending it with her cousin tonight. Christmas Eve and their own huge feast they have back there."

"Did you ask her if she wants to spend it with you?"

"No, I... it didn't came up."

"But do you want to spend it with her?"

She saw the gentle smile on the older woman's face, gone all the teasing that she had earlier. "I wanted to but she could be happier there even without me. So I didn't insist."

"Oh Jisoo... why does that sound a ton too sad?"

She chuckled and shook her head. "It's funny actually, she was thinking she'd be unwelcomed here and you'd shut the door on her face."

"I only do that with people who hurt my children. Did she hurt you?" The latter squinted her eyes at her.

Jisoo wasn't sure what to say. She didn't want to give Sae Ra a wrong impression about Jennie. Yes, Jennie has hurt but she already did the same to the younger girl too. She was sometimes hurting because of Jennie because of these feelings that had come into her realizations. Sae Ra didn't need to know all that but talking to the older woman was always a comfort.