Merman!Minato Arisato X Foreigner!Biologist!Reader

Request from HeyGUIYZ

In honor of Mermay, perhaps Merman!Minato x Biologist! Reader?

Word Count: 4,567

Category: Persona 3

Inspiration/Thought Process: MerMay

~Tears Made Of Salty Pearls~

The ocean heaved a giant sigh, her breath blowing the glistening turquoise water to clash with the bow of the boat. Steady was her breathing, so rhythmic it was like she was pulsing with life. And indeed she was. For she pulses with the life of aquatic animals, plants, and the like. Such wonder she held. Such mystery she had yet to tell the humans that inhabited the land. You wondered, just briefly, if she ever got jealous at the land for taking the people called humans. But thinking on it, she must be simply content with humans wading in her waters.

(S/c) hands gripping the front railing so hard that your knuckles turned a stark white from the pressure you hadn’t realised you had begun to lean forward to get a closer look at the oceans beauty until a hand gripped your shoulder and softly put you back on the boat.

“Be careful,” you hear behind you.

Turning your body a bit, on hand still clinging to the front railing, you are happy to your dear friend. “Thanks, Ai-chan,” you say thankfully. She merely nods and shifts her eyes to stare at the ocean, seemingly as perplexed as you with it’s gloriousness. “It’s beautiful isn’t it?”

She says nothing, like her usual personality permits, but the small but noticeable nod she gives you is enough for you to figure out that she indeed thinks it is beautiful too. Just as your begin to lose yourself in your mind once again Aigis speaks up, her tone it’s normal monotone self though you detect some relief in it. “We are close. Ogasawara-maru, (The ferry you are both riding on), should arrive at the Ogasawara Archipelago in less than half an hour,” she says and to prove her fact she points to the horizon.

Following her hand your (E/c) eyes brighten upon seeing the dot of an island sitting neatly on the horizon, it’s pinprick slowly growing closer and bigger.

You can’t help but let a smile grow on your face realizing how close you are getting, how far you have traveled, how much time it had taken to arrive at this small chain of islands english people called the Bonin Islands. Shiny (H/c) hair whipping around your face from the intense winds you take a deep breath, inhaling the salty musk of the air tinged with the smell of life.

You made it.

The sand beneath your bare feet was a toasty warm sensation. Everything here was a dream on Chichijima island, the Father Island, with its unique birds, insects, crabs, trees, landlife, and ocean life that only originated solely from this place.

It had been a long 25 hours and 30 minutes sailing on the Ogasawara-Maru liner, but it had been worth the struggle. To be able to be here, to be able to conduct your experiments in peace was something you had been craving ever since you had gotten the news.

Being a biologist, you had always been particularly interested in the aquatic life below. To think that while the Earth’s oceans have been mapped and documented, a small margin of 5% of the oceans depths have actually been thoroughly explored. 95% was still out there. Waiting for you to decipher its contents. Just thinking about it sent shivers down your spine.

The sole reason, though was that you had come to this special little island of Japan to help the rare aquatic life. More specifically you wished to tag Green Sea Turtles. After you and Aigis, a fellow biologist, heard the news of Green Sea Turtles making nests on some secluded beaches it took you both only around a day to convince your boss to let you go investigate. It surprisingly went well when the only evidence you both had was some eyewitness account that could be bluffing.