blood lust.

“Let me make it clear. Your blood, your scent, all of you, now belongs to me.”

—•—

NAGISA

There was something definitely wrong with Karma-kun.

It was after his 13th birthday when it started to happen. Suddenly, we weren't able to hang out with each other later than 19:00. He never let me wait for him anymore whenever he starts fighting. And whenever he sees blood, he would always excuse himself, especially if I'm the one who's wounded.

“Alright then! Today, our Home Economic's class is all about ‘Property’,” started Korosensei who is now wearing a chef uniform and his usual wide grin. “Which is why you will be given this whole hour to cook your family’s, or even your own dish. I’m sure everyone has their own secret recipe passed down by your ancestors, right? Now, let’s get cooking!”

I sighed and shook off my thoughts for a moment. I guess that matter could wait.

Right now, I’m recreating 'Fish Lumpia', an experimental dish created by a friend from overseas. She said it's like Ngohiong but with fish as the main ingredient. Not that I’ll ever understand her complexity. And just when I thought everything would go fine, something triggering happened.

“Ouch!” Okuda-san yelped, dropping her knife.

“Oh my, someone get me a first aid kit, hurry! We need to stop the bleeding!” I caught a glimpse of the cut and the crimson liquid flowing out of it.

I didn’t look away because of that. The sight of blood wasn't new to me. What surprised me was Karma-kun's expression. He covered his mouth, pinching his nose with a dim expression while dashing to the door.

“Korosensei!” I yelled, taking off my apron quickly. “I'm gonna go check with Karma-kun! Be right back!”

Will I be crazy if I said that Karma-kun looked like he was flying?

—•—

“Ha...Ha...”

“Karma-kun,” I called out after spotting him at the tree we always hung around. “Are you okay?”

His back was facing me so I couldn’t really see his state, but his rapid breathing tells me there was something going on.

“Go...away...”

“I won’t! We're best friends, right? Why won't you tell me anything?!”

He turned to me, still covering his nose and mouth. “You...don’t...understand... Leave...now!”

“No!”

As if a large beast was unleashed inside him, his eyes turned red, fangs became visible to his now uncovered mouth while he looked at me with a thirsty expression.

“K...Karma-kun...?”

I slowly backed away, my knees trembling with fear. Was this really the Karma-kun I knew?

“Hehe,” I felt a chill traveled through my spine as he muttered. “I warned you.”

Help me.

“Yaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!”

I screamed with the top of my lungs as my body reacted on its own, running fastly as it could. But to no avail, Karma-kun was faster. He flew towards me, grabbing my azure hair to expose my neck then buried his fangs, sipping my blood.

Anyone, help me.

“Your blood tastes so sweet, Nagisa-chan. Just as I imagined.”

‘You mean he intended to attack me ever since?! Oh good Lord!’

“Don’t...call...me...that...”

I lost all the strength to struggle. I mean, he is a vampire. A hungry one, at that. After a few moments, Karma-kun released me. I swear I thought I would die of blood loss.

“Oh shit, Nagisa?!” I looked at him incredulously. The look on his face tells me he couldn’t remember what he did. “I think I might’ve had that relapse again.”

“You think?!” I swear I had a tick mark on my forehead. “I almost died! If you're planning to use me as your blood supply, could you please tell me first?!”

“I...I'm sorry,” he said, looking down.

I sighed exasperatedly while dusting off my uniform which miraculously didn't have any trace of blood.

“It’s fine. Just, don’t keep any secrets from now on, okay?”

His expression brightened as he helped me stand up from my weakened state. Just then, before we could proceed back to HE class, he bit my earlobe and licked it, making me shiver.

“Also, now that you know, let me tell you. Your blood, your scent, all of you, now belongs to me. Remember this, Nagisa,” he flashed his usual smirk as he started floating an inch on the ground, lifting me off my feet.

“You are mine.”

—•—

P.S

This chapter is dedicated to Momoo17-san! I'm sorry if your request took so long! I had quite a lag (a very long one, at that) on the plot since the genre was new to me. But here I am!

Thank you so much for waiting!

SIGNED,
SweetPawn