good bye.

“Nagisa.”

“Karma.”

He held me close, embracing my small body with his arms as I tousled his crimson, unruly hair. I missed him so much that I can’t distinguish reality anymore. The background noises fade away, his image slowly becoming more vivid. Then and there, I knew he was not a figment of my imagination anymore.

“I missed you so much,” I muttered, still not letting go.

He caressed my azure hair longingly, then looked into my eyes with a gentle smile. “I know, Nagi. I feel the same way.”

Silence took over us, but it was comforting. I know that he won’t be gone anytime soon. Still, I asked him the question I longed to ask.

“Karma, where were you? Why did you leave?”

He sighed in exasperation. “I needed to leave. I needed to go back to where I came from, Nagi. He told me my time with you here was long over.”

“And I never needed you?”

“You know I cannot defy Him, Nagi. I am His servant. Whenever He wishes it, I will return to His side and serve Him.

I buried my face on his chest and held him tighter, trying so hard to hold back the tears I saved for the last three years.

“What about me, Karma? What about us?”

Karma lifted my chin and made me face him. Then, he smiled. “This is not our lifetime, Nagisa. He lent me this borrowed time for me to say goodbye to you.”

“So you’re really leaving me?”

He shook his head then looked up to the skies as if he was greeting someone. “Like I said, this is not our lifetime. We can’t be together if I stay the way I am now. He told me He has greater plans for you—us in the future and that He will be more than happy to receive us up above, in His kingdom.

We will be together again, in the afterlife, where I will be waiting for your return. But for now, we have to be patient. Would you do that for me, Nagi?”

I breathed deeply then hugged Karma once again.

‘I can do this. I have waited longer, and I can.’

“I will.”

‘And I will place my full trust in you, Father. ‘Till we meet again.’

♪ I'm right here
But can't you see me?
I missed you so much
I waited for a long time

I can't reach you
So I'm just standing here
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye ♪

—•—

song: Goodbye - Wendy (Red Velvet)

—•—

So, yeah. This is a Guardian Angel!Karma AU. Seriously, I don't know what I'm doing with my life *facepalms*.

SIGNED,
SweetPawn