crossed roads | fairytail

crossed roads : the assassination classroom

—•—

“Hey, have you heard?” Gajeel started, sitting down the empty seat beside Levy as he continued with a serious face. “Two of the new guild’s members were recently promoted as Wizard Saints.”

“You mean, the new guild near Magnolia? The one who bought Phantom Lord’s land?” Mirajane asked, now engrossed at the topic that she temporarily closed her stall.

Lucy, deeply thinking, snapped her fingers in realization. I think I've heard of their name, but I can't quite put a finger on it. Anyway, they must be pretty strong if they are on the same level as Jura-san.”

“Hoho~ Now that makes me wanna fight them!” Natsu exclaimed, smirking.

“Don’t do anything stupid now, flame brain,” Gray retaliated. “We still don’t know what that guild’s capable of.”

“Scared are we, ice princess?” the salmon haired taunted, making Gray lose more patience.

“Wanna take that back, squinty eyes?” A cold steam started to emit from Gray as he was getting more provoked.

Before Erza could stop them from fighting, two gates from the spirit world opened voluntarily, resulting to the two who were prepared to clutch their throats out, get knocked out by the spirits’ bodies.

“I also wouldn’t do that if I were you, Natsu.”

“Loke!”

The orange haired spirit smiled sheepishly before bowing politely to his owner, with Crux following behind.

“Lucy-hime, we’re sorry for opening the gate on our own accord, and probably for eavesdropping, but we have information regarding the new guild.”

“It’s alright, I was planning on calling you two too. Please continue,” the celestial mage said, plastering a kind smile as she urged for them to carry on.

“Lucy-sama,” Crux began speaking. “The Ansatsu Kyoushitsu or mostly known as Assassination Classroom is dated way back the 21st Century, when humans still thought of magic as supernatural or absurd. All their members are part of what they call in the past the E-Class.”

“E-Class? What’s that? Is that lower or higher than S-Class?” Natsu questioned.

“Actually Natsu,” Levy brought out a worn-out book which she borrowed from the library and flipped its pages until it reached a certain chapter. “E-Class stands for End Class. It seemed to be the lowest rank in the heirarchy of their education at that time. Back then, private schools used the Worker Ant Principle, which states that 95 percent of the population must do hard labor for success, and the remaining 5 are slackers that receive discrimination for their lack of effort, to motivate their students and prepare them for the cruelty of the real world.”

“So? Does it have anything to do with the new guild’s sudden arising?” Erza now interrogated. The conversation now piqued her interest more than ever. It seemed to her that the century before magic became fully acceptable was more intriguing. And if it was already miserable for a world without magic, how could the new guild have survived and gain strangely powerful mages so easily?