sidestory: SHIN [2]

“Shit!”

“Damn!”

“Crap!”

Takada and Tanaka disregarded the numerous curses echoing around the forest and proceeded with running towards the opening where the old campus was supposedly located—to which their sole targets were last found: The Tanaka Duo.

Although they were having the hardest time climbing the mountain, the thought of the infamous Class-E, especially Nagisa, winning against them is ticking them off. To them, it was time to show the End Class who’s inferior.

“Are you sure it is going be you?”

Both spines shruddered at the coldness of the tone, but no matter how hard they look, they couldn’t see even a glimpse of the silhouette of the perpetrator.

“Takada, I swear in your mother’s grave once this is all over I’m taking your x-box,” Tanaka muttered, his knees trembling.

“You idiot, my mum’s not dead! And once I’d get away from this place, your body will be the one I’ll be swearing at!” Takada countered, his lips quivering.

A devious laugh echoed around the forest, rustling of leaves startled the trespassers.

“That is, if you’d leave this place alive...”

They froze as they felt an unfamiliar presence at their backs, silently calling out all the prayers they can remember as its hands grew closer for contact.

“Boo.”

In a millisecond, Tanaka and Takada fainted, their hands clutching their faintly beating chests, leaving a certain ravenet and brunette looking at the two in disappointment.

Sun clicked his tongue in annoyance as he signalled for the others to dispose of another batch of failed assailants.

“Why don’t they just run out?! Damn!” Terasaka whined, doing repeated martial arts techniques that were taught by Karasuma which were used to ward off anyone from the main campus.

As the final day of the chase becomes nearer, the attacks were getting more aggressive, too much for the whole End Class to handle. But of course, they had to do it. For the twins’ sake. And for their dignities as assassins, too.

“Retreat back to Point A! Third Line, on guard! First Line, gather at the opposite side of the Entrance!”

Sun, seeing his sister with a lost look on her face, tapped her head and smiled assuringly. “It will be over, Shin. Soon enough, he won’t be bothering us ever again.”

“I hope so Sun,” she sighed exasperatedly. “Because I know he still has something up his sleeve.”

“And who is this he, Tanaka Shin?”

The twins turned to their right, revealing a bluenet in crossed arms with a raised brow. Karma, who was beside him just shrugged lazily while playing with a swiss knifs between his fingers.

“Should I?” Sun asked. Seeing that there’s no use in averting the topic, Shin nodded.

“Later.”

—•—

Meanwhile...

The blond gritted his teeth in irritation and slammed his hands on his desk.

“Useless sh•ts,” he hissed. The allotted time was almost over, and yet no progress was made. This just proves that the scums from the main campus is not suited for his schemes.

He stood up from his swivel chair and brought out his cuffs, wearing his half mask intact, covering the smirk that crept up to his lips.

“If none can do this, then I just have to do it on my own. My way...”

—•—

To be continued.

Q. What will he do next?

*His identity will be released at the next and final chapter.