Chapter 15: How To Train A Band

Three Days Later, 5th February 2019—Crowned Music Studio

A band. Defined as 'a group of people who have a common interest or purpose or who share a common feature', of which in this case, everyone part of the band under his supervision wanted to make music. A noble cause, and certainly respectable, but umm...

How is he supposed to actually teach a band? He has far too little experience in teaching anyone anything to begin with, and now he has to deal with this? This is far too outrageous, even for him! And that's saying a lot, because he's already had to deal with far too much craziness in his life already!

Girls... Actually, yeah. So far, that's the only problem he has on his plate. Just girls.

Hmm... Well, it's not like his sanity is going to live any longer, so he may as well live in the moment while he still has the chance to, right?

Nonetheless, training began days ago. With help from Elsa and Karen, of course, since those two were the professionals—and when he said professionals, he meant it. These girls knew their stuff, the former having much experience in helping trainees how to achieve a suitable voice of their own, and the latter one with the moves and suitable steps to truly bring out the persona.

And him? He just sits there and just... gives a thumbs-up sometimes. Or he does them the favour of not having to bother themselves by pointing out any mistakes the girls have made in their practice sessions so that they could polish upon their mistakes later on. Like right now.

"Not like that. Nanairo, Karatachi, you girls need to increase your pitch by just a bit," Kazuto informed the two, getting nods of assent from the girls. He's lucky that he actually took the time to properly do his research on the matter, or else he would have risked giving them unnecessary advice. 'Praise thee the existence of the Internet.'

And he would have liked to revise the ins and outs of performing in his head a little longer until someone decided to make their presence known. "I must admit, seeing you instruct them makes my heart swoon ever so immensely," sighed Elsa beside him in overexaggerated happiness.

"If that's your roundabout way of saying I'm doing a good job, then I accept the compliment nonetheless," he responded, getting a laughter out of her. "In any case, have you found anyone willing to help me with the instruments?"

That was one thing that he couldn't really do anything about, as he didn't know much people to begin with. And he wasn't planning on leeching onto Kikuoka's generosity forever. He helped enough with introducing him to this place, there was no way he could ask the guy for more.

"Quite a few, yes," Karen was quick to answer before her friend did, who pouted because of it. "A drummer, two guitarists, and a bass player, correct?"

"Exactly," he nodded. Had they already found some people suitable for the task? He must admit, that was fast—or so he would like to believe, if three days can be considered fast... Hmm, actually, now that he thinks about it, that must probably be fitting to be said early. "Ah, and someone who can play the keyboards, please."

*Thunk!*

There was the sound of Karatachi accidentally hitting her toe against something, causing her to yelp. The girl looks at the others in the room, offering a sheepish grin, face almost turning red like a ripe tomato.

"You need to move a bit more smoother, Karatachi. Like this!" So saying, Karen began moving in a few patterns, the two girls mirroring her actions.

"You're lucky that we have a lot of people here. Your demands are exceedingly far too much, so you should be grateful that we're able to help you," scoffed the short girl, getting looks of displeasure from everyone else.