Chapter 8: It Just Happens

30th November 2018

Ahh, how he could not forget that look on her face.

He knows that, as far as he was concerned, if he would have a top three list for his bae's in 'Sword Art Online', it would be the three Y's—yes, very odd, but it was the easiest way to remember them.

It would start with Yuuna, then Yuuki, then Yui.

Well, he would be lying if he said it was Yui. More specifically, he was talking about her other persona; Persona Vabel, the antagonist of Sword Art Online VS Accel World: Millennium Twilight. I am not a lolicon!

Anyways, he was straying too far from the topic, wasn't he?

To catch you on-track; Kazuto was just about to pick up sister from her kendo training when, all of a sudden, he was approached by this girl. This girl, whom he knows would be dead in the future, and yet here she is (logically, that makes sense, of course). Now, the only thing he had to wonder about was why she was here.

Well, no better time to find out than now, am I right?

"So Kazuto-sama!" She began, getting a shake of the head from the boy.

"You're sorely mistaken if I will allow you to call me as such. If anything, you look older than me," he said in turn. "As such, it would befit me to refer to you as Yuuna-senpai."

"O-Oh! No no no, that's fine!" Shaking her hands in front of her, she came to a pause for a moment before she gave a hesitant hum. "Can I... call you Kazuto-kun, then?"

"That's fine. And I apologize if I call you just Yuuna. I don't really like to focus on honourifics most of the time," he said, noticing how she seemed to perk up. "Well then, Yuuna, if you would, I need to pick my sister up first. Then, we may resume our conversation elsewhere?"

"Oh, of course!" She nodded. "And may I ask you where you got the inspiration to play that piece, Kazuto-kun?"

'Of course she would not listen to me,' he mentally rolled his eyes, amused, before he nodded. "Well, it would be more accurate to say..."

And so, the boy and girl fell into a conversation that was mostly about him, though he had taken a bit of time to inquire about her, which quickly turned into conversation about him when the chance presented itself. And so, he would need to answer her.

Actually, he didn't mind talking about himself. Just that it felt uncomfortable doing that in public where anyone could see them, hear them.

"Onii-chan!" A high-pitched voice called out to him, a girl in a female student's uniform was running towards him, a wooden sword slung on her back. "Guess what, I won against—Eh?"

"Oh, this must be your sister!" Gasped Yuuna in exasperation before she waved at the younger girl. "Hello!"

"Uhh... Onii-chan?" She looked at her brother, feeling somewhat uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"Right, I suppose I will be needing to introduce you to my new colleague," he cleared his throat. "Suguha, this is Yuuna, whom I had the pleasure of meeting just a moment earlier. And Yuuna, this is my sister, Suguha."

"I see..." Narrowing her eyes ever so slightly, it was difficult not to notice her looking at the other girl with a wary gaze. "Well, nice to meet you, I guess. I'm Suguha Kirigaya."

"Likewise! I'm Yuuna Shigemura," she nodded back, smiling. "Ah, can I ask you a few more questions, Kazuto-kun?"

"Well, we should find someplace more... quiet. I'm not a fan of speaking out in the open," the boy offered, getting nods from his sister and new friend (friend would be pushing it, but colleague was two syllables, whereas friend was only one). "Come on, now. We don't want to wait here forever."