"It should be around here, right?" A woman on her late thirties asked her companion.

"Yeah, oyakata-sama said that it was on the west of han-na mountain. Let's proceed faster." The man, also on his late thirties, walked faster.

"Geez, Sakonji, wait will you? We have to guard the shogun too."

"...I smell a strong scent of blood. I'll leave the shogun to you, Kaguya."

The man, Urokodaki Sakonji, run ahead of them, leaving his comrade with the shogun and the imperial army.

"...Now I wonder why I married him."

The woman brought her pipe to her mouth, before letting out the smokes.

As they got to their destination, she spotted her husband, stood there silently.

She looked around, understanding why the man stayed still.

It was a bloody mess.

Limbs, eyeballs, heads weren't even connecting anymore.

The woman, Sakurajima Kaguya, closed her eyes, before shaking her head in denial. "We're really late."

Her husband stayed silent. His expression hidened by the red mask he wore. "There's a survivor."

She looked around, focusing on one sitting figure looking at them. As she looked at her more, the clearer the face.

It was a little girl, around ten or eleven, covered in blood. On her laps was a middle-aged woman. Her face stained with tears.

Under the moonlight, she stared at them, eyes sparkled with emotions. But, one emotion stood beyond all the others. That's, hatred.

She's thirsty of blood.

"Poor girl."

The woman continued to stare at the little girl, the younger one also stared back at her.

Determination filled her eyes.

Quite surprised, the woman widened her eyes, before a smirk came to her lips.

Suddenly, the man beside her moved a step.

'I will take her—"

The woman grabbed his clothes, stopping him abruptly. A smirk still on her face. The man, with the tengu mask, looked at his wife, letting her to talk.

"No, I, will be the one taking her in."

Urokodaki stared at her for awhile, before letting his body relaxed. He will never win against his wife, afterall.

"Sure, go on."

Not even giving her husband a glance, she walked towards the little girl, her smirk got wider as seconds passed.

Standing tall in front of the little girl, she looked down at her, blocking the round, shining full moon.

That little lips opened, as she slowly rise, gaze looking right at the older woman. Not even blinking once.

"Please teach me how to kill a demon."

Her pale violet eyes full of determination, her gaze set to one, to him.

The former pillar changed her expression to that of the serious one.

"I like your gaze, kid. What's your name?"

"Kagurazaka Chihiro."

"Kagurazaka... So you're the heir of Kagurazaka family that I've heard about. The family of priest and priestess, huh..."

She looked around, to the lifeless people lying on the ground, before looking back at the little girl.

She put her hands on her tiny shoulders. "Kid, from now on, you're Sakurajima Chihiro."

Her dim, yet determined eyes looked at nothingness.

"Sakurajima... Chihiro..."

The woman looked back to her husband, her gaze lingering there for awhile as he looked back at her through his mask.

She stepped back from where she stood, letting her hand out for the little girl.

"I'm Sakurajima Kaguya, the mistress of Sakurajima. The former Flower Pillar. From now on, you will be my disciple. So, will you come, or not?"

Not even looking back, she immediately grabbed her hand, not a slightest hesitation. Her grip firm.

"I'm now on your care, shishou."

———— ❁ ✿ ❁ ————

Shishou is the Japanese of master or teacher.