Because They May Like You for All the Wrong Reasons

Stepping outside, Myra breathed in the moist clean air. Well, clean comparatively. Myra never liked the air in the locker rooms. It was always stagnant and smelly, and for some reason, cold.

"Ugh," she groaned in annoyance. I'll probably be all cold and sweaty again by the time I reach my car. Why did I park so far away from the gyms? I hate having to walk clear across campus at the end of the day.

⌘⌘⌘

Five minutes before Myra's first class started

"Myra-darling, who's that?"

"A student, I suspect."

"I didn't ask you Sam, I was directing my question to the lovely goddess driving the car."

Myra blushed at the complement. "Sorry Dru, I didn't see who you were talking about. It's taking a lot of concentration to drive in this rain."

And I'm a bit distracted by the three annoying (yet admittedly hot) demons who happen to be my passengers.

"Well, Sam could drive for you. I'm sure he can figure out how to operate this type of vehicle."

This statement received a blank stare from the man in the passenger's seat (Sam), a worried glance from Myra, and absolutely no reaction from Meris. In fact Meris had probably had no idea that there was even a conversation going on. Ever since the drive began he had been in his own little world while gazing dreamily at the back of Myra's head.

"Here, why don't I just help you..." Dru said while reaching up and grabbing a hold of the steering wheel.

"No, Dru!" Myra screamed as she shoved his hand away and corrected the car's position on the road right before they almost hit an oncoming car. Her heart beating wildly, Myra let out a ragged sigh. "Just sit back in your seat and put on your seat belt. I'll worry about the driving."

"But Sam's not wearing his!" Dru whined as he pointed up to the loose belt next to the passenger door. Myra flashed Sam a pleading look, hoping that he would notice her looking at him, understand her silent message, and comply with her request by fastening his own belt.

It was obvious that he noticed her glance because he turned his face and stared at her with his typical half-annoyed look. But whether he understood her or not was questionable, because a half a second later he turned his head forward once more, watching the road, and ignoring her entirely.

Both of them are completely impossible to deal with!

"That's it. We're parking here," Myra said, pulling into the nearest parking spot she could find. "We are going to walk the rest of the way."

Turning off the car, she climbed out and opened the trunk to retrieve their bags. "And could somebody wake up Meris. I think he fell asleep with his eyes open."

⌘⌘⌘

Back to: After School

(CRUNCH)

"Ooh look, there's another one!" Myra bounded over to the pine cone she had just spotted, and gleefully jumped onto it with both feet. It too made a very satisfying crunching sound. Myra grinned, imagining that it was a little chibi-Sam that she had just stomped flat.

I cannot believe he put in that bit about me being in danger. Does he really think I'll believe that? Sure, I suppose there is the random possibility that some crazed campus stalker will jump out from behind a tree and try to kidnap me or something. But if Sam really knew about something like that he would probably be waiting for me right outside the locker room to make sure that I didn't get hurt. Well, I don't know about Sam, but Dru and Meris would.