Chapter One- Liberty

{Edited}
*DA DUMP DA DUMP DA DUMP DA DUMP* My silver form shot across the land. The pounding of my hooves beating a steady pattern on the earth. My mane whipped around, my tail streamed out behind me, and my muscles slid powerfully beneath my silver coat. I reveled in my horse form. I was powerful, and fast. Strong and brave.

I slid to a stop on a cliff and reared. My forelegs struck out as I pawed the air. I landed with a thud and gazed out over the town. The school. Ugh. The library, meeting house, people's homes. All domestic life.

I wheeled around and set off at a steady walk. I tossed my head, trying to move my forelock from my eyes. I stopped as I heard more hoofbeats. Two young stallions raced up the hill. My brothers. One was a large, stocky dark bay. The oldest brother Liam. And a smaller, slimly built, light chestnut called Sam, the younger of my two older brothers.

'Hey Lib'

Liam greeted me as his horse form veered towards me and he trotted over.

'Hey Liam, racing Sam again?'

'You bet, I beat him too'

There was Sam chiming in. Liam usually won their little races. Oh well.

'Well good job Sam, someone's gotta keep Liams ego in check'

'Haha. Very funny Liberty!'

Liam playfully nipped my neck, and I reared and knocked him over.

Soon all three of us where rearing and bucking around, being complete dorks. I loved my brothers, they were very protective of me too. Always keeping me safe.

"Sam, Liam, Liberty, dinner!"

Mother called us in. I turned and shot away with a "Race you!" thrown over my shoulder to my brothers. They squealed and shot after me. They were both fast, but I was the fastest out of all of them, even though I was the youngest. I beat them to where we shifted. Unlike werewolves, our clothes change with us. So when we shifted back we were already wearing our clothes. I'm so glad for that. In our town there were many other herds, but quite a few humans lived in the town too. We learned to coexist without them knowing we were werehorses.

My brothers were almost identical twins with brown eyes and olive skin. But Liam had dark brown hair while Sam's was dirty blonde. Both were tall, Liam was 6 feet, and Sam was 5'11.

We walked into town laughing and messing around.

"You smell that? It smells amazing!"

Liam looked around with interest, but Sam and I shrugged our shoulders. I smelt nothing.

A young girl ran into the street and a young woman around 18 ran after her and grabbed her. She was a werehorse. I could tell. All werehorses knew who was and wasn't. We could just sense if a person was a werehorse or human.

When she turned she met Liam's eyes and they both froze. Gazing into each other's eyes with adoration, and love.

I looked back and forth between them, a little confused. Then my nose scrunched up when I realized that they were mates.

"I-I'm Liam."

Ladies and gentlemen, my genius brother.

"I'm Catherine."

Liam and Catherine stepped towards each other, taking hands. They turned towards us and I hid my distaste. I was happy for Liam, I really was, I just, never was interested in a mate.

"Lib, can you tell mom I'll be home later? Tell her I found my mate."

I nodded, unable to speak. My brother would be too busy too hang out with Sam and I now that he had a mate. I hung my head as Sam and I walked home.

When we get home we half glumly, yet half proudly told mom and dad Liam's news. Mother was immensely happy.

"I'm so happy for Liam!!"

"When he brings her here we will have a party! A family only one to meet the girls family."

My dad is very proud. He is the leader of our herd, nicknamed the Silver Herd. That's a lot faster to say than Silver Hollows Herd.

Lee Redwillow is a big man, stocky, and tall. His reddish hair is always spiky no matter what he does to try and keep it down. He has many scars from old battles. His horse form is a large, muscled dark bay. He definitely is the boss around here. That's for sure.

My mother is a petite little woman. Already Sam, Liam and I were taller than her. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Mom's horse form is a small dapple grey.

When the family came over for the party I stayed long enough to greet everyone and introduce myself to Catherine. Then I slipped up to my room. I didn't feel like doing anything but sleep. So I slept.